DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my Vararam on my '11 last night and I have to say I'm not impressed with the overall product. I ordered it to fit a 2" body lift but didn't get the right lenth boot so it didn't fit right (I won't get into that, I just ran to Napa and bought a longer chunk of hose). Put the longer hose on and that seemed to help but it's still so loose and flimsy. Not to mention it doesn't make a correct seal with the hood. The seal on the Vararam is straight on the sides and rounded in the back, where the indent on the underside of the hood is triangular. Then the holes for the extra chunk of plastic/diffuser weren't spaced right so I basically had to warp it by bending it then putting the screws in. I haven't had it out on the highway to notice any performance gains but I can't even hear the "whoosh" when getting on the throttle like you normally get with an aftermarket intake. Did I get the wrong thing(not sure if or how that'd be possible)?
Did I install it wrong? Hate to have spent $350 on something that seems and looks kinda cheap under the hood.. Not trying to diss the product because so many of you guys have them and love them but something doesn't add up.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I never noticed any gain when I put mine on and no difference in sound. Never a fitment issue either. If you want a "whoosh" sound you can try a throttle body spacer but that really won't do much for performance either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Send it back if it don't fit
It's not that it "doesn't fit" per se, it's just so loose and looks kinda cheaply designed.

I never noticed any gain when I put mine on and no difference in sound. Never a fitment issue either. If you want a "whoosh" sound you can try a throttle body spacer but that really won't do much for performance either.
I don't care about the "whoosh" either way. I was just surprised not to hear it even after watching a couple youtube vids with it being pretty distinct.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
It's not that it "doesn't fit" per se, it's just so loose and looks kinda cheaply designed.

I don't care about the "whoosh" either way. I was just surprised not to hear it even after watching a couple youtube vids with it being pretty distinct.
I'd send it back and put the stock intake back on. It already draws air from behind the wheelwell so you're not going to get any colder air with a "CAI", and the stock intake already feeds the Hemi more air than it can use

1 - 5 of 5 Posts