DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as you guys know, my 2012 Power Wagon with 5k miles is in the shop due to a gas leak. A nipple on the top was broke. The dealer I went to has been great, as well as Chrysler HQ. The first tank they sent was broke during transit or loading. I got the new tank in today. The dealer called, said it was in, but upon taking the old tank out, the fuel pump in the tank has a crack in it! WTF?!?
So, he tells me they have to order one since they don't have one in stock, and that it's back ordered and has no idea when it will be in.

I'm sorry, but when you invest as much as we do into these trucks, I don't expect my gas tank/fuel pump to be crapping out. It seems like all I have done lately on here is been negative, but Dodge is really giving me a reason too.

I love the Rams- the look, how they drive, I don't think anything compares. However, I got rid of my 2010 15000 b/c a different dealer couldn't fix a knocking noise at 20k miles. Now, I have a truck, with a different dealer with 5k on it and I can't drive it. I am disappointed in Dodge's durability. When you are looking at upwards ok $90k on 2 trucks, this is bullshit. I understand things happen, but I have had plenty of used cars with 100,000+ miles and no trouble like this.
Right now, I don't see myself ever buying a Dodge vehcile again. It's not on the dealer end, not Chrysler Warranty. It is on the cars so far. My 95 Chevy 2500 truck at work has less problems than my new truck.

Sorry about the long, negative post, but today I'm just not feeling Dodge. I was hoping for the call saying they would have my truck done, not this.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds like bad luck. The knocking noise was it just the HEMI tick??? mine makes a ticking knocking noise, just the same as my Old 05 hemi. Just normal healthy HEMI??? But a leaking gas tank, then a cracked fuel pump (maybe the dealer broke it removing it and are just blaming it on the Factory so they don't have to pay for one). Either way hopefully you get your truck back soon, Worst feeling in the world is when you have a nice vehicle and can't drive it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts