DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Dodge 2500 4x4 - driving and the front left tire locked up, drove into dirt dirch. No damages was going slow. After investigating I had found that the disc brake (motor) assembly had dropped down and locked up the tire by binding between the rotor and the wheel. There are two bolts holding this assembly in place and they had fallen out. Has anyone else had this problem. The truck has only 22K miles on it and no service work has been performed on the turck in this area. I did have the truck in for the most recent recall, tie-rod but the Dealer said they do not do anyting with this assembly. I explained the issue and asked if this was a warranty issue, he said we will have to see! If this is a manufacturer problem then others could be in serious trouble.

New here so I hope I'm posting in the correct location for responce.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Sorry for the trouble, I'm sure the dealer will take care of it for u! I'm guessing the caliper maybe locked up and snapped the rotor out? Anyways let us know how it works out for u!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I want to agree, sounds like the caliper locked up. Or fell off and jammed up in between the wheel and rotor.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Sorry to hear that as well....Glad that everything worked out....Keep us updated.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts