DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys need a little help. Truck would not start the other morning thought it was the fuel pump, but i can stand by the rear tire with my remote start and hear the pump kick on. I pulled a plug and was getting no spark so this evening i replaced the distributor cap. the old one was clearly burnt up inside. I rechecked the plug and the spark was there. But still no start, just cranks and cranks. so i went ahead and replaced all the plugs, still cant get it to fire. i pulled a plug back out and it is not sparking again. surely it didnt burn up the new distributer cap?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Ok boys need a little help. Truck would not start the other morning thought it was the fuel pump, but i can stand by the rear tire with my remote start and hear the pump kick on. I pulled a plug and was getting no spark so this evening i replaced the distributor cap. the old one was clearly burnt up inside. I rechecked the plug and the spark was there. But still no start, just cranks and cranks. so i went ahead and replaced all the plugs, still cant get it to fire. i pulled a plug back out and it is not sparking again. surely it didnt burn up the new distributer cap?
if it's not giving codes and you are getting fuel and getting a spark then the ECM is probably no good. worst thing ever done for vehicle reliability was throw a computer in their.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Id look to coil, if computer was shot there would be no fuel pump or check engine light on dash. The check engine light is the best warning computer is bad. Look to coil getting weak. Or another component in ignition.

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
Check the plug connection on the coil. It will give ewe* intermittent spark and go bad quite often causing a condition ewe* are describing.

Wiggle it around and make sure ewe* have a good connection.

*you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts