DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guys thoughts on a DIY cold air intake? Made out of electrical conduit. I have seen some online people made for older gens but I'm curious about one for a 4th gen hemi. Couldn't find any links online of hemi ones.

·
REVEL PERFORMANCE
9,569 Posts
What are your guys thoughts on a DIY cold air intake? Made out of electrical conduit. I have seen some online people made for older gens but I'm curious about one for a 4th gen hemi. Couldn't find any links online of hemi ones.
I do not know if anyone has achieved this on a 4th gen if you decide to go with it post up some pics :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't try it unless I'm copying someone else's work. Haha I'm not that mechanically inclined with automobiles. I can tell you everything about HVAC lol. So you say stay with the stock air box. Do nothing with the intake? Somehow mod it to put a cone filter for better flow? I have no idea I'm just asking lol.

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
41,996 Posts
Electrical conduit really?? Hmm what size are they using 3" and I wonder how they are getting it bent tough to get all the bends that close together on emt

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea electrical conduit lol. I was just wondering if its possible to make so I googled it and saw guys make it out of 3-4" electrical. But on older gens not on hemis.

·
REVEL PERFORMANCE
9,569 Posts
Yea electrical conduit lol. I was just wondering if its possible to make so I googled it and saw guys make it out of 3-4" electrical. But on older gens not on hemis.
It honestly sounds like more trouble than it is worth but would like to see this done :LOL:

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
682 Posts
Very easy to make air flow

First gen NEON owners have been doing DIY intakes for years. Spectre offers a CAI for the RAM for $150.
If you need time to "create" something, in the meantime replace the paper OEM air filter with a drop in K&N or Spectre or something similar.
Posting high res photos of the air intake will help others offer suggestions.
You just want something sturdy.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Air though a hose

You're just moving air through a hose. Not rocket science. Don't use aquarium tubing of course, but arrange something with no sharp angles.
Can you post up some digital pix?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is old but... Heat gun and patience... I build nerf bars and roll caged out of it for my son's power wheel jeeps and stuff. Heat it bend slowly wipe with a cold wet rag... Like protecting a king valve...easy peasy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts