DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do a little throttle body testing so I cut the raised portion off the top of the throttle body & cleaned it up. I like the performance of it so far it has a little better throttle responce & It will smoke the back tires now. I'm going to try this for a while before I bore the throttle body to 50mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
I searched and searched the dakota forum trying to figure out exactly how to modify these for my 5.2 and nothing. Farting around on here and bam, sweet now I know what to do! Looks like you did a great job, all smooth and whatnot, looks factory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! guys
It was real easy took about an hour to do the entire job and is well worth the effort.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sweet I just got a throttle nody off ebay for 17 buck shipped I will be doing this mod soon as i am finished with my dash pad . Did you have to reset your computer ? Or just mod and go

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet I just got a throttle nody off ebay for 17 buck shipped I will be doing this mod soon as i am finished with my dash pad . Did you have to reset your computer ? Or just mod and go
Yes everytime I unplug any electrical connectors on the truck the first thing I do is disconnect the negative battery cable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got one for $20 bucks shipped and modded it a few weeks ago..(bored out the 47mm restriction at the top though). I didnt notice a huge different but havent really been driven it in a while due to a misfire issue I just got sorted out... Its soo good to have it running right again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the tb mod do anything to increase gas mileage??
To be honest I don't know I drive it one day a week so I haven't run a full tank through it since I modified the throttle body but I will check-it when I do & let ya know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright I have the mileage for the first tank after throttle body work previous is 15.17 mpg on this tank 15.86.
I also revamped my homemade CIA.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Second tank results are 16.89mpg I would say the throttle body mod is well worth it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Been wanting to figure out how to install my electric fan I got off a Mark IV. Like what you did MERF-09 with the overflow and washer fluid tanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks
I ran a Lincoln fan till the low speed went out I will take some pics of my current setup it is the same as the setup I used on the Lincoln fan I ran the low speed off the adjustable temp sensor & the high speed off of a Cole Hersee 85 amp continuous duty solenoid. Cole Hersee solenoids are rated for 5 times what the amps say. The Lincoln fan pulled about 100 amps at start up & ran 40 amps at regular speed on high speed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first pic is the adjustable Hayden fan relay that triggers the Cole Hersee solenoid second pic is the Cole Hersee solenoid its hooked to the battery positive & negative & then back to the electric fans. I'll see if I can get some more detailed pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I'm still running the OEM the battery voltage does dip when idling with the air conditioning & the lights & the radio going with the head lights off it does just fine. I have researched a bigger alternator I can run a 160 amp off of a 2001 Durango or the other choice is a Diesel 136 amp the diesel alternator pulls 90 amps at idle were the standard 136 pulls 60 amps at idle. I haven't upgraded yet I'm leaning towards the diesel alternator though that way I don't have to mess with the fuse in the fuse panel under the hood.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got my ram, (always had ford rangers) and what is it exactly that cutting down the raised edges does? If it's worth it I i might go for it myself, I'm just not sure of the purpose behind it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cutting the edges off lets the engine get more air & less restriction of the incoming air.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts