DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1701 - 1720 of 1752 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
You Canadian guys are lucky for some reason all the good Laramie seats on car parts are in Canada??? And they are cheaper, and most of the yards up there won't ship to the US!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Harness

Does anyone know where i can buy the, Base to 8.4 Radio Conversion Harness w/Pin 17 female extension wire (3ft)?
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is anyone making this harness yet. I want to do the upgrade but want the harness before I drop a grand on the rest of the stuff. Or if anyone can get the wireing harness diagram that would be sweet also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
May I add, when I took the shitty electric tape wrap job off, the splices were rediculously brutal, there were spots with bare wire, and there was one wire burned. What a shitty thing to sell to someone, and lie and say it was tested. GD amateurs

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would take one depending what you would charge. I found all the parts I need to build them and the wiring diagram and instruction. But if I can buy it done it would be time saved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there a link to all the parts needed to perform this mod, and a location to get them?

I am wanting to do this, but figured there has to be a better way than reviewing over 170+ pages to figure it all out.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
For rams with the FOUR speed fan

Ra3 or Ra4 Radio (eBay, Amazon, auto wrecker)
Hvac Control Module 68105017Ax
Dash Bezel 1UJ96DX9AF
Conversion harness, 4 speed specifically
911 Error Fix/Cellular Fooler Plug from Oemautopartsco

The 4 speed fan is more expensive, more parts and more work to make, $125 shipped. I'm waiting on an order of parts and then I will make it for you right away if you need it.
7 Speed fan harness is $80 shipped.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Ra3 or Ra4 Radio (eBay, Amazon, auto wrecker)
Dash Bezel 1UJ96DX9AF
Conversion harness, 4 speed specifically

The 4 speed fan is more expensive, more parts and more work to make, $125 shipped. I'm waiting on an order of parts and then I will make it for you right away if you need it.
7 Speed fan harness is $80 shipped.
I also need to get the steering wheel controls to, right?

Anything else?

·
Registered
58 Posts

Dash Bezel 1UJ96DX9AF

heres what you need to know:

If you just want to get the radio upgrade, you need the ra3 or ra4, then there is the company that makes two different bezels, that fit the ra3 and Ra4 Radio, both are ugly. One bezel doesn't have a volume knob, it facilitates keeping the factory basic heat/ac controls - $200. You need the steering wheel volume controls. The other bezel they make is the same but it also has a volume knob, so you don't need the steering wheel volume controls - $300

THIS UPGRADE doesn't use any of that because, and here is the cool stuff:
1. You get the upgraded bezel, looks a thousand times better than the basic one
2. You get to control all the heat/ac/fan from the touchscreen Radio interface as well as the bezel physical controls
3. You can access the programming modes on the Radio touchscreen (with the first bezels that are discussed above, you can't)

This is a pic of the upgrade that you do with the upgrade bezel, conversion harness and hvac module. I will post a pic of the ugly bezel that keeps the low-end heat/ac controls for comparison

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sweet, thanks for all the info. I will start ordering the parts now. When do you think you'd have all the parts for the harness and the time to get it made?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The hvac module part number I gave you had ax on the end, auto correct error. Here is the proper number:
68105017AE Hvac Control Module
Also, you will need to order this:
68048901AA RESISTOR

So the two weeks should be at the most, hopefully I can get it done sooner.

1701 - 1720 of 1752 Posts