DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1721 - 1740 of 1755 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I just looked on the oem parts co website, now known as infotainment, and they apparently are going to be shipping kits out at the end of May that have everything you would need.

Can anyone verify that their kit will give us all the same functionality and everything if I were to source all the parts separately?

When I look at the list, it appears to have everything except the resistor, but I could be wrong. They are going to be selling the kits for around $1600.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ironwalkerrick,

I am interested in a 4 speed harness, but I wasn't able to PM you since I am new to the forum and don't have 25 posts yet. Let me know the best way to get in touch with you (I don't know if you can PM me with an email address?).

Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
What would be the difference from going from an RA2 to an RA4 (w/o Nav)? I really wouldn't use the nav feature. Just curious if this would be something worth doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have a four speed or 7 speed fan?
Ironwalkerrick are you by chance still selling the harnesses or could you point me in the right direction of where I can get in touch with someone who does? I am to new to the forum to pm anyone. I have all the equipment bought except the harness. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks and I appreciate the help. [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone else seen this? Looks like OEM autoparts, currently infotainment.com, put a full kit together. Now I'm not saying they didn't do their own work, but some of the hard stuff got worked out here before they finished their end product lol. Well guess if anyone still needs to do this upgrade problem totally solved. They even got the 4 speed to 7 speed fan wiring included as a option.

https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/factory-ram-truck-8-4-radio-bezel-upgrade-kit?variant=42208135303

·
Registered
317 Posts
Anyone else seen this? Looks like OEM autoparts, currently infotainment.com, put a full kit together. Now I'm not saying they didn't do their own work, but some of the hard stuff got worked out here before they finished their end product lol. Well guess if anyone still needs to do this upgrade problem totally solved. They even got the 4 speed to 7 speed fan wiring included as a option.

https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/factory-ram-truck-8-4-radio-bezel-upgrade-kit?variant=42208135303
How much cheaper are you guys piecing everything together rather than buying this kit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
For rams with the FOUR speed fan

Ra3 or Ra4 Radio (eBay, Amazon, auto wrecker)
Hvac Control Module 68105017Ax
Dash Bezel 1UJ96DX9AF
Conversion harness, 4 speed specifically
911 Error Fix/Cellular Fooler Plug from Oemautopartsco

The 4 speed fan is more expensive, more parts and more work to make, $125 shipped. I'm waiting on an order of parts and then I will make it for you right away if you need it.
7 Speed fan harness is $80 shipped.
Hi Ironwalkerrick - I'd like to purchase a 4 Speed harness from you. Can you email me directions how to purchase one? [email protected]. I have paypal or whatever you prefer, I don't think I have enough posts here to PM you. I'm trading my 2011 Ram 2500 for a 2015 Ram 2500 and want to swap the 8.4 into it. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I need some help from some of you pros I have had no luck searching all over the internet. I upgraded my tradesman to the 8.4 RA3 from a 2013 Ram. After installing my speakers just don't sound as good and distort really bad when I turn the volume up. The radio I have says its Harmon Kardon. Is this a (premium) or alpine radio that is suppose to run a amp or are all the 8.4 radios the same with or without the premium amplified speaker systems. I know there is a alpine system and was thinking mine came out a truck with one but I cannot find out how to tell. Please help. Thanks

1721 - 1740 of 1755 Posts