DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know they make rear led lights for vehicles but do they make led conversion kits for your front head lights? if they do make led lights for the front head lights are the led lights brighter than hid lights , same , or less brighter than hid lights?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I dont think so. But one of my friends found a LED that would actually be brighter then HIDs. The only problem is, youd have to make a new housing for it that wouldnt melt, and have a fan aimed at it to keep it cool most likely. If your still interested I can try and find the site for you.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Are you talking the halo rings if so and you paid 100 you got ripped as far as led headlights do they even have them

·
Registered
479 Posts
generally you wouldnt want standard leds as headlights cause they are generally not that bright for headlights. but they are working towards having super leds for headlights. they are really expensive though. if you were to get anything, it would probably be a bulb replacement and not a headlight replacement. these are not something i personally would get, but you can do whatever you want. i would get hid headlights.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I had led halos and ccfl halos and the ccfl was brighter then the led but then again thats not the headlight but as bright it could be lol.

and thats without the hid headlights on

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is a cool light set up you have there. have you ever herd of these hid conversion kits by kensun. they are a bi xeon kit. both hi and lo are hid. they said they use a magnet that moves the bulb to give you hi/lo . the bulb moves in and out depending what beam you want. any input on how this kit is by kensun ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Are you talking the halo rings if so and you paid 100 you got ripped as far as led headlights do they even have them
Nope not those. Ill try to find it, its like a super LED. But like i said, youd have to find a way to cool them off, and a way to mount them. And my friend that found them is all smart about electricity stuff and they would be brighter then HIDs.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had led halos and ccfl halos and the ccfl was brighter then the led but then again thats not the headlight but as bright it could be lol.

Sorry to thread jack but what brand halos are those? I've been trying to find a good pair on Ebay for my 05 but wanted some input first.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but what brand halos are those? I've been trying to find a good pair on Ebay for my 05 but wanted some input first.
They were spyder headlights but i opened them up and redid everything ccfl rings new leds from super bright and painted them the same color as my truck

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just remember Pyroboy, when you heat up the light assembly to soften the adhesive the temp should not be Pyro hot.

Cracking open the headlights is nothing really. Now that I have done it a few times. 230 deg for 10 min and it will come apart nicely.

Me...

·
Registered
479 Posts
hahaha.
what im saying is that im not about to take apart custom headlights that i paid hundreds of dollars on. thats all. it seems counter productive. besides, its a bit risky, cause you could mess them up and they wont look nice. (i dont have any right now, but i want some from specdtuning)

·
Registered
89 Posts
like i said, youd have to find a way to cool them off, and a way to mount them.
LEDs do not put off much heat at all. Far less than incandescent or HID bulbs. This is why you can touch an led with your bare fingers, the oil on your fingers wont cook the bulb like the rest...so no need to worry about cooling or melting.

·
Banned
265 Posts
LEDs do not put off much heat at all. Far less than incandescent or HID bulbs. This is why you can touch an led with your bare fingers, the oil on your fingers wont cook the bulb like the rest...so no need to worry about cooling or melting.
No, but high intensity LED's do. The diodes get warm, and the driver boards get so hot they need active cooling. Most people use fans, some people use water. LED headlights are prohibitively expensive right now. It cost's about $1000 to do it right.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
hahaha.
what im saying is that im not about to take apart custom headlights that i paid hundreds of dollars on. thats all. it seems counter productive. besides, its a bit risky, cause you could mess them up and they wont look nice. (i dont have any right now, but i want some from specdtuning)
Well since i had 2 pairs (wont say how that happened) had nothing to lose lol and they came out great and also i opened my stock ones to and let me just say the aftermarket ones do not need as much heat or time to break open think the stock ones were like 215-220 for 15-20 mins 3 or 4 times the after market was 200 for 10 mins and that was it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please help me with some LED knowledge

I need to know how to wire up the 5-6 OHM resisters for my rear LED lights. I put a utility bed on my 2005 Ram 1500 and the lights now hyper-flash for the turn signals and strobe when I use the brake lights. I read a post to address this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone here know how to convert tail,turn stop lights to LED?

I put a utility bed on my 2005 Ram 1500. The utility bed had four sets of LED 4" lights with turn-stop,run on each. I need to know how to wire the 5-6 OHM resister so the computer will read as if the lights are still incandesent. Someone on this forum posted a short reply on this and I really need to fix this.:4-dontknow:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts