DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made this post in the racing forum I know, but I figured I should post it here also because it is for the 5.2L and I also would like to make it a little more visible to the community.

Howdy all, what are your times with your 5.2L Magnum on the 1/4 and 1/8th?

I haven't had a change to put walter (my 95 5.2l ram van) on the strip, yet. But based on the results from a stock 94 ram van on found on the web, I shoud be doing 1/4 Mile in 17.1 and 1/8th in 10.6 Of course my ram van isn't fully stock and I was able to speed up my acceleration time of 0-60 in 10.36 seconds down to about 0-60 in 8.6 Seconds.

So I should have
1/4 16~
1/8 10~

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drop a 360 in that bad boy (and by 360 I mean 408 stroker).
Easier said then done, I use to have the 360 and I hate it. The only benefit of the 360 over the 318 is the potential because you can easily make a 408 from the 360 but you can't make a 408 from a 318, the problem with the 318 is you can only overbore it .04" as specified by the manufacuter, I wouldn't even overbore it .04" because I like to have a little extra for cylinder wall wear. And it's not easy to put a new engine in, I have to practically remove the entire front end or I have to remove the engine from the inside of the truck van.

I actually wanted to port out the exhaust, increase my exhaust duration, put a M1 intake in, remove the stock air cleaner assembly and install the M/P Assembly. I also want to remove the stock exhaust manifolds and put some holley headers on, also wanted to install a holley performance throttle body on them thar engine :D Along with much more, but I don't want to get to rapped up in it. The restriction as far as fuel is the dam ECM, I love carb'd but when you want to balance MPG and Power you just can't do it fuel carb.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a kool article i read about increasing HP in the 318 ..good reading :)
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/mopar/0667em_mopar_318_engine/viewall.html
Thanks, I am going to read it tonight over a beer and some tv.
High end HP will be helpful for my 1/4 mile times, torque for my 1/8 th times, it would be nice to have a load of low end torque and a load of highend end power but it's like trying to kill two birds with one stone at one time, difficult.

I am actually very interested in torque more then HP, I love torque. I want a cummins turbo diesel but I won't be able to buy one for a long long time :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0XJePUitI&feature=related

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.