DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mountain View Dodge, Olds Alberta

Anyone have a Dodge dealership pretend they’re not aware of the infamous “Hemi Tick“? Mountain View Dodge in Olds AB denied they could even hear a tick the first two times we brought our 2013 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi in for service because of it. Then when they finally acknowledged the tick they said it was due to a faulty motor blower and manifold but don’t worry, the repair would be covered under the $7,400 - 7 year/160,000km bumper to bumper extended warranty we were up-sold at the time of purchase.

(UPDATE: I’ve since learned from users on this forum that they were only charged $3,000 for the 7 year/160,000 km bumper to bumper warranty so why did Mountain View Dodge in Olds charge us $7,400?)

That didn’t repair the tick and they tried to give us the truck back ticking away louder than ever. They took it back to look into the problem further and are now refusing to complete the repair under our very expensive warranty claiming we have not maintained the vehicle properly.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BEWARE! If you take your Ram in to service an annoying tick and the dealership claims they don’t hear it, they may be trying to run out the 4 year clock! CAMVAP can only help you with this issue if your vehicle is 4 years old or less. If your truck is more than 4 years old contact AMVIC. If you believe your dealership has behaved in a dishonest or fraudulent manner, contact the BBB and file a complaint, they are aware of this issue and will assist you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mountain View Dodge in Olds, AB first diagnosed (March 3, 2020) the Hemi tick problem as a faulty motor blower (FCA warrantied), then a bad manifold (FCA warrantied), then on March 10th our service rep told my husband the problem was a seized wrist pin (FCA denied this warranty claim but we never received a quote for cost to repair), then on March 22nd the GM Clinton Slack sent me an email claiming the truck had a bad motor block ($14,000 repair but FCA denied the warranty claim). Clinton Slack has since recanted the $14,000 motor block replacement diagnosis and claims their previous four diagnoses were incorrect and they've now determined the pistons need to be replaced ($4,100 repair the FCA is refusing to complete under our $7,400 extended warranty).

Our 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi only has 133,143 km’s on it. The tick appeared in 2015 when the truck only had about 50,000 km’s on the odometer.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's too late now but in the future this is the place I bought my warranty at less than half the price of the dealer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had that tick a few months back and i took my ram to the local dealership for diagnose , they found the tick it was a couple of broken manifold bolts and they wanted 450.00 a side to repair. so i contacted ram care to see if their was a recall or warranty repair and received no help. so i decided to just replace the manifold with shorty headers and better bolts so i dont have to worry about this problem in the future... Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep,Ram want our loyalty and for us to purchase their product but they are acting just like those other people stick the customer on every repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts