DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I have the 2009 RAM 1500 w/ Class 4 Trailer Hitch Receiver, it was on the Ram when i bought it new

There are only a few good hitch receiver brands & here are a couple of them
DRAW-TITE, REESE, & CURT. HIDDEN HITCH is also good
http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2009_Dodge_Ram+Pickup.htm

·
Registered
698 Posts
That comment about there being a nationwide shortage sounds kind of fishy. I know the U-Haul dealer down the highway from me has two on the shelf from Reese right now. And the truck accessory store a 1/4 mile away has a Draw-Tite in stock. That one in the first post shows the hitch without WDH rated at 5000 pounds with a 500 pound hitch weight. My Draw-Tite model of that same hitch design is rated at 6000 pounds with a 600 pound hitch weight. Not a great deal of difference, but my hitch was also $20 cheaper.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TNC - I thought it was kinda fishy also that the actual Mopar/Dodge version has been "back-ordered" for about 2 months (that I know of). But nobody seems to know of any problem with it

·
Registered
698 Posts
TNC - I thought it was kinda fishy also that the actual Mopar/Dodge version has been "back-ordered" for about 2 months (that I know of). But nobody seems to know of any problem with it
mike, I'd just get a Draw-Tite and be done with it...and it provides a tiny bit of increased carrying capacity.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
If I had the choice, I wouldn't buy the factory hitch anyhow. I do not like the round tube design after having twisted the same design on my Chevy. get a good aftermarket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts