DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have officially decided to rid myself of my POS Fiat imports called Dodge Rams. What a complete POS!!! The worst is a 2007 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins 4x4... I will be rebuilding the front end for the second time in 10000 miles. Ball joints, U-Joints, front bearings, axle seals, pinion seal, brakes, alternator, transfer case and transmission have all been replaced once and now the ball joints, bearings and axle seals are gone again only 10K later. The truck has only 94K miles and has cost me over $16000 in repairs all after the warranty has expired. The only thing it does is highway pulling my 8000 lbs holiday trailer. Friends of mine have had similar experiences with these Fiat Fargo junk and all I ever hear is "yeah, the front ends are bad on those trucks". Then why doesn't Dodge fix the XXXXXX things!!!

I have three other trucks, a 2006 Ford F350 with 220K miles, a 2009 Ford F150 with 100K miles, and a 2010 Fiat half ton with the Hemi. Fords have had nothing other than brakes changed. The import Fiat half ton is still on warranty but gets terrible gas mileage and will soon be traded in on a new Ford Ecoboost. These POS Dodges will be the last I will ever own. Too bad Chrysler didn't stay bankrupt because they deserve to out of business!!! If there is anyone out there considering buying one of these disasters, DONT!!!

Of course, this is just my opinion and I will soon be closing this account!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
How sweet.

It's all how you take care of your truck. Mine has over 140k. It's been on fire, buried to the doors in mud, been through ditches, jumped hills in cow pastures and only thing it's needed is brakes and oil. She still runs like the day I got her. I know a 25 year old guy who has been through 5 Cummins 2500's. Ranging from the 2nd gens to 08s. He has never had a problem with any of his, pulls cattle trailers through pastures every single day he works. Uses his 4x4 about 5 times a week. Still running strong.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
I know the second gens had alot of trans issues. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that your 220k mile ford has needed nothing except brakes....that'd be a miracle if it were true. Sucks you've had bad experiences with your dodges, just keep in mind they are all man made, and there's not a single vehicle out there that is perfect. I went 220k miles on my s10, a half dozen of fuel pumps(known gm issue), a few replacement door hinge bushings/pins(another known gm issue), one set of U joints, changed oils, tires, brakes, two clutches, one ac compressor, one set of front wheel bearings, and gas. I thought that was an incredibly long lasting and reliable vehicle....sold it in tip top shape...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have officially decided to rid myself of my POS Fiat imports called Dodge Rams. What a complete POS!!! The worst is a 2007 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins 4x4... I will be rebuilding the front end for the second time in 10000 miles. Ball joints, U-Joints, front bearings, axle seals, pinion seal, brakes, alternator, transfer case and transmission have all been replaced once and now the ball joints, bearings and axle seals are gone again only 10K later. The truck has only 94K miles and has cost me over $16000 in repairs all after the warranty has expired. The only thing it does is highway pulling my 8000 lbs holiday trailer. Friends of mine have had similar experiences with these Fiat Fargo junk and all I ever hear is "yeah, the front ends are bad on those trucks". Then why doesn't Dodge fix the XXXXXX things!!!

I have three other trucks, a 2006 Ford F350 with 220K miles, a 2009 Ford F150 with 100K miles, and a 2010 Fiat half ton with the Hemi. Fords have had nothing other than brakes changed. The import Fiat half ton is still on warranty but gets terrible gas mileage and will soon be traded in on a new Ford Ecoboost. These POS Dodges will be the last I will ever own. Too bad Chrysler didn't stay bankrupt because they deserve to out of business!!! If there is anyone out there considering buying one of these disasters, DONT!!!

Of course, this is just my opinion and I will soon be closing this account!!!
hope this thread made you feel better, good luck with the eco boost ive heard there full of problems also

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Should have spent the money to fix it right the first time. We have an 05 2500 with 151k on it that's had the front end done once. We have an 09 2500 with 74k miles on it without any problems.
Your 2007 "fiat" junk was still owned by Mercedes then.
If you have an 06 superduty that's so great why do you even bother having a 2500 to pull your trailer

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Awhh poor baby, why don't you go bitch somewhere else.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a Chevy Silverado, Ford F150, Nissan Titan, and Toyota Tacoma. Of course, I've had 5 Dodge trucks throughout the years. I merely tried the others, but always went back to Dodge. I don't tow much, so I don't need a truck that is number one in that category. I don't need to be fastest 0-60. I love the Hemiburst when I need it though. My Ram is solid, good looking, and running fine. Remember what FORD means....
Fix Or Repair Daily.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think this phrase fits more than appropriately. "More dollars than sense"

I'm believing the rich city slicker, got accustom to his fancy Ford junk and had a problem with his Dodge, had nobody else to complain to so came here and used us as his diary.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Sorry to hear you have had nothing but issues with your Dodge. I've owned all of them and so far I've had the best luck with the Dakota's and Ram's. Ford does make a decent truck if your into ugly but all of them have good points and bad. Best of luck!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Try a '98 Mazda B2500. Now that is a piece of junk. I had one as my last truck and everything went out by 126k including syncros, MAF sensor, idle air control valve, wheel bearings, burning oil, fuel pump, injectors. I was NOT a ford fan after all that crap went out. That and being a gutless wonder.

Now by the time my warranty goes out on my '11 RAM 1500, it should be paid off and anything I have to cover will be gravy but I only drive about 6-8k per year in it and its almost all in town so it can be rough driving. I do my best to change oil at 3k (even though the manual says 8k) change fluids in the diffs regularly, tranny oil, and in general really take care of it. I'm hard on transmissions for whatever reason and I don't really feel like I have a heavy foot or am racing the thing.

Either way, sorry bout your luck.

E

·
0 Posts
Interesting...Fiat was not involved with the 2007 build.

I'm gonna close your account for ya...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Try a '98 Mazda B2500. Now that is a piece of junk. I had one as my last truck and everything went out by 126k including syncros, MAF sensor, idle air control valve, wheel bearings, burning oil, fuel pump, injectors. I was NOT a ford fan after all that crap went out. That and being a gutless wonder.

Now by the time my warranty goes out on my '11 RAM 1500, it should be paid off and anything I have to cover will be gravy but I only drive about 6-8k per year in it and its almost all in town so it can be rough driving. I do my best to change oil at 3k (even though the manual says 8k) change fluids in the diffs regularly, tranny oil, and in general really take care of it. I'm hard on transmissions for whatever reason and I don't really feel like I have a heavy foot or am racing the thing.

Either way, sorry bout your luck.

I had two Mazda's an '88 and a '93 both 4x4's. In '94 they became rebadged furd rangers. Nice little truck when Mazda was making them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Interesting...Fiat was not involved with the 2007 build.

I'm gonna close your account for ya...

Why did you do that?

He's funny :LOL:

E

·
0 Posts
I did so because his last funny comment was "...I will soon be closing this account."

I'm all about assisting our members and felt it was my duty to do so. :D

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
^ lol

He's probably on the chevy forum by now complaining about how the last 4 silverado's he's had have been total junk!

Maybe he's employed by ford...

·
Registered
358 Posts
I did so because his last funny comment was "...I will soon be closing this account."

I'm all about assisting our members and felt it was my duty to do so. :D

AWESOME! "Help me, help you..."

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
sorry that you must of gotten a lemon

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tell you what you guys sure think these trucks are Gods gift to man, I agree its all in how well you maintain your vehicle. But the letters POS has passed my lips about my 09 ram. I have put over 1000 yes 1000 miles on my truck going back and forth to the dodge dealer - 24.7 miles away from my house each way. and now that my warranty is up I'm scared to death this thing is going to fall apart. ( yes, I have the life time warranty, but it doesnt cover much of nothing, only internally oiled parts) So if you blow your motor Chrysler might cover it but I will bet you they will find a way not to cover it, believe me I have had a few dealings with Chrysler.
As far as Chevy and fuel pumps, I put 2 in my Chevy truck and it has almost 400,000 miles on it. My dads ford has 220k+ on it and he has only put brakes and a 100k tune up on it. oh, one more thing my last new Chevy only went to the dealer once and that was because the wind caught the door and yanked it out of my hand. So from my point of view Dodge is the low truck on the pole even though it is the best looking truck on the market at present. Before you guys start doging me Yes I would love to have my 08 Dodge with the Cummins in it back. Now that is a real truck. Other than the leak around the cab brake light!--- They all have their problems, some people just have worse problems with there trucks than others. Just say'n don't be get'n to high and mighty!!
PS you guys do realize that GMAC is doing the financing on the new dodge trucks!!:i_rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts