DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought id throw some pics up of my dodge, even tho im abit overwhelmed by the cool and awesome rams on this forum hehe, but this will be cool later on.

Plans for it are to make it 4x4, jack it up icelandic style and throw on some 38'' inch tyres. Ill transplant a 5.9l cummins into it later on, but first things first, clean the rust and paint it pearl white. So, what do ya think?

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,099 Posts
I agree, your truck is already cool! I hardly even see any of the older ones anymore, just makes me miss my D150 that much more, thanks for sharing your pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plan is to modify it, but firstly clean the rust out of the body and chassis. I want to get a 5.9 in it and bigger tyres. The RWD doesn't work good during winter here, so i want to make it 4WD. using the D44 and D60 housings.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Definitely staying tuned to this thread, That truck is rocking as it! Bit of body work and paint and that thing would be sick

·
Registered
754 Posts
reminds me of my 85 my first full size. These are cool trucks, and you can still get a ton of stuff for these. What engine is in it? what options? we need pics from under he hood

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
orginal 3.9l direct injection

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some under the hood pics for ya'll

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for low updates, but I've been looking for a bigger shed too work in, and finally found one that im using now. So I started too rip the front off (will update more as it goes.)

Newest plans with this car is too dope up a 318 V8 with 360 heads, maybe even change internals and stick a turbo on there for the heck of it. I'm painting it pearl white, and i hope in the end that it will look like a dragster pickup.

Some photos:

Reactions: Asur

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
That is so sweet, man, hope you can keep the pics coming as you do your rebuild, love that truck. Looking forward to seeing your work.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My '92 RC calls dibs on the grill! :D

Looks like the basis for a good project! :smileup:

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Truck looks great me.....Please post pics when you start and finish your transformation.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did A bit of tearing today...

I´m taking pics everytime i go into the shop to work on the car. I've finally decided a name for him.

Jötunn.

Jötunns are Ice giants from the old norse mythology, and I think it suits him good. hehe

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I am so looking forward to see you re-do this beautiful truck, wow, wow, wow, man please keep the pics coming as you work on it. If I was in your area I would be over at your place all the time helping and of course a few beers LOL. Nice stuff, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Looking good man.. I just finished a full restore on a 83 ramcharger at the beginning it feels like your not getting anywhere but keep at it and you will be happy you did totally worth it.. And when all said and done you will have a sense of pride towards that truck cuz u know you did all the work on it.. Also I'm glad u got a first gen your doing up not to many around and probably the best years of the dodge trucks in my opinion..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks lads

There arent many first gen petrol rams here on the iceberg, but I wont stop till im finished with this thing!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts