1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Transmission, but I'm sure that's been worked out a little since 2003!!:) lol

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Whoa, 2025? If things keep going in the direction they are going, we'll all be riding donkeys or bicycles. Gas will probably be $100 a gallon. A Ram will set in the Smithsonian along with a mummified Republican and a picture of a NRA member. A Ram and a picture of a gun, yup.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How about not turning a HEMI into a Bitch motor with a computer limiting everything it is capable of doing like it is now. Ford and GM aren't scared and Dodge used to be the underdog back in the day that everyone loved and wanted. Basically, sell your military like encryption on the ECM's to the military and build real cars and trucks again. I'm about done with Dodge if this is all Dodge is gonna churn out.

And a 5-6 speed manual transmission WITH A REAL CLUTCH in your HEMI equipped RAM's wouldn't hurt either. Not that PS3 video game shifting automatics you make now.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
How about not turning a HEMI into a Bitch motor with a computer limiting everything it is capable of doing like it is now. Ford and GM aren't scared and Dodge used to be the underdog back in the day that everyone loved and wanted. Basically, sell your military like encryption on the ECM's to the military and build real cars and trucks again. I'm about done with Dodge if this is all Dodge is gonna churn out.

And a 5-6 speed manual transmission WITH A REAL CLUTCH in your HEMI equipped RAM's wouldn't hurt either. Not that PS3 video game shifting automatics you make now.
very good points I sure do miss my "real" manual transmissions :(

·
Registered
490 Posts
( to get back on point and minimize the ranting)
2025 marketing goals for Ram: 35% Market share :). Outsell Chevy reducing GM's large portion of the market and continue to gain in the market on Ford.
Strength of Ram: HP/Torque production with decent fuel consumption
Areas to improve on for Ram: build quality

·
Banned
5,797 Posts
I think one of RAMs strength's is its aggressive good looks. To me, the Fords and especially the Chevy's are just god-awful looking. Keep that up, and make the improvements that your customers are asking for (see above, and rest of forum) and RAM should be just fine

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
My biggest and only compliant is those damn Tire Presure Sensors. I can't take the truck on a long drive without those damn things going off. They need to either get rid of them which our fine goverment will not allow or they need to come up with a better sensor that only goes off if there is a problem.

Been to the dealer 2x and both times had them look at this and so far the pcm has left no codes and all my tires are just fine.

Sorry for the rant everybody.

Oh and I agree this generation Ram is one of the best looking trucks out there. Ford is making the F-150 look like something a soccer mom would drive and GM has the front end sitting so low you could scrape the ground. Also, Ford and the others way over price their trucks.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts

Bitch motor? I guess they could crank out more horsepower if the customers stop giving a damn about things like durability, reliability and warranties. Getting 390 HP out of 5.7 liters while remaining emissions compliant was moon talk in the 90's. Don't like the way they're being built? Complain to Obama and the other hippies, tree huggers, and cry babies that are whining for lower emissions and better fuel economy.

·
Banned
5,797 Posts
Bitch motor? I guess they could crank out more horsepower if the customers stop giving a damn about things like durability, reliability and warranties. Getting 390 HP out of 5.7 liters while remaining emissions compliant was moon talk in the 90's. Don't like the way they're being built? Complain to Obama and the other hippies, tree huggers, and cry babies that are whining for lower emissions and better fuel economy.
Totally agree, RamTech. I have an awesome RAM truck for about $30,000 bucks that goes like a raped ape. I keep reading these posts about wanting these trucks to be like a top fuel dragster. If that is what you want to drive, you should be looking elsewhere. JMO.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My biggest and only compliant is those damn Tire Presure Sensors. I can't take the truck on a long drive without those damn things going off. They need to either get rid of them which our fine goverment will not allow or they need to come up with a better sensor that only goes off if there is a problem.

Been to the dealer 2x and both times had them look at this and so far the pcm has left no codes and all my tires are just fine.
AMEN!!!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
56 Posts
For the love of god do not follow suit with all the other automakers! Heres the breakdown of my 2012 Cummins and why I bought it:

Highs:
gobs of power and build like a real diesel should (Pre-urea, getting a DPF delete)
6-speed G-56 manual trans (as manual as they come, DO NOT DROP THIS OPTION!)
selectable 2wd/4wd with NO AWD, AWD gays up an HD model
solid axle front end

Lows:
non locking diff, would like to see at least one locker on the Ram
traction/stability (let me get into this further, its great you can take traction off, but why is the stability pump linked to cruise? I need to be in 4x4 low just to have all the safety bull gone... The most fun I ever had in my truck is when the pump ran a code and failed so I didnt have cruise nor stability... Thinking hard on breaking this again just so I can be done with stability!)

Long story short, as long as Ram keeps a hand-operated multi-ratio cog swapper and a foot modulated power output regulator in their trucks I''l always be loyal to Ram.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts