DODGE RAM FORUM banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
40" Milestar Patagona tires on 3" AEV lift with 1" Thuren softride coils and King Shocks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys lots of good stuff in here but have a few questions.
Looking for the best affordable safest way to level/lift my stock 2015 2500.
I was looking at 2&1/2 front and 1" rear level kits that use spacers.
Most kits come with front shock drop brkts for stock shocks. Can I omit the shock brkts for these bilstein shocks?
I was looking at bilstein 5100 shocks that are made for 2&1/2 front and 1" rear lift.
Is this a good way to go?

·
Registered
55 Posts
So upon further research I'm looking at the bilstein remote rezzy shock/spring kit.
Do I have to get a adjustable front track bar with 2" lifted coils?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2016 2500 HD 6.4 Hemi and I just installed a Daystar shocks and 2" leveling kit (Made In USA). The leveling puck is polyurethane. I read that the ride is a little better than the steel leveling puck. Rides good ,I notice a little more road feel now. Love the truck. Had it 4 years with 123K on it, bought it new. Changed oil and air filter along with front brakes .. Thats it. Thats all I have done to it. Its my office and tool box for my RV repair business. I towed a 13K 36' 5th wheel from Florida to Tennessee several times. I have stock 18" wheels. Anyone have an idea of how tall tires you can put on those stock rims without it looking stupid? I'll take some pics and post them in a day or so.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2016 2500 HD 6.4 Hemi and I just installed a Daystar shocks and 2" leveling kit (Made In USA). The leveling puck is polyurethane. I read that the ride is a little better than the steel leveling puck. Rides good ,I notice a little more road feel now. Love the truck. Had it 4 years with 123K on it, bought it new. Changed oil and air filter along with front brakes .. Thats it. Thats all I have done to it. Its my office and tool box for my RV repair business. I towed a 13K 36' 5th wheel from Florida to Tennessee several times. I have stock 18" wheels. Anyone have an idea of how tall tires you can put on those stock rims without it looking stupid? I'll take some pics and post them in a day or so.

For stock, you can go as high as a 37 but you will have some serious rubbing issues. a 35-1150 shouldnt be too much issue, a 35-12.5 will most likely rub on stock wheels. Go to a Power Wagon wheel and you will elmininate 99% of rub at flex or lock with the 35x12.5. The problem is the almost +50 offset, that sucks the wheel back into the wheel well bigtime. It usually results on rubbing on the swaybar.

Upgrade to a wheel with a +18 to +26 offset and you will be able to run a 37 with no rubs, or virtually none. The AEV Saltas im running are a +27 and that does the trick.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Do you find that the steering stabilizers noticeably help? Mine has a 5" lift with 37's and I feel like there is quite a bit of play in the steering.
Yes, although I have recently been trying to locate the source of a popping in my steering. It started a few weeks ago. I have a friend with a 2014 2500 with a RC lift and he has the same popping.

·
8,073 Posts
Do you find that the steering stabilizers noticeably help? Mine has a 5" lift with 37's and I feel like there is quite a bit of play in the steering.
Steering stabilizers definitely help but I'd also suggest looking at a steering box brace. Because of the steering box only being mounted to the frame on one site it's quite common to get the play feeling with larger, heavier tires. The brace eliminates the movement in the box itself to keep everything feeling tight.

Yes, although I have recently been trying to locate the source of a popping in my steering. It started a few weeks ago. I have a friend with a 2014 2500 with a RC lift and he has the same popping.
Double check the torque on your track bar and track bar drop bracket at the frame. Those nuts need to be incredibly tight (I think the spec is around 250 ft-lbs but you'll want to look it up). If it's at all lose and there's any plan in the bracket that will create that popping sound in the steering.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Steering stabilizers definitely help but I'd also suggest looking at a steering box brace. Because of the steering box only being mounted to the frame on one site it's quite common to get the play feeling with larger, heavier tires. The brace eliminates the movement in the box itself to keep everything feeling tight.

Double check the torque on your track bar and track bar drop bracket at the frame. Those nuts need to be incredibly tight (I think the spec is around 250 ft-lbs but you'll want to look it up). If it's at all lose and there's any plan in the bracket that will create that popping sound in the steering.
Thanks Brandon! I noticed just 2 months after getting my kit BDS announces their 6” lift for my truck. I had waited a while for it. Figures. Do you know who makes a good steering box brace?

201 - 217 of 217 Posts