DODGE RAM FORUM banner
101 - 120 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
@jhardin - this is my first ever dodge. The first thing i did was level (coil relocation only) and add 35" tires....#1 because its the first truck i've ever owned that can fit 35s without a expensive lift kit and #2 they look awesome that way. I also towed my 9klbs 5th wheel the same day i added everything and it towed pretty damn good IMO. I do plan to get shocks someday but, its not a must.
Very nice! I don't know that I will be going with the 35's but may just level the truck and when the OEM tires need replace might go up a little in size then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally added some nfab rails, tow mirrors, and 35x12.50 toyo open country mts. on helo 18x9 +18 offset wheels. No lift yet, zero rubbing issues so far. Flairs will be here this week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leveling and Tires

Ok so I skipped the Newbie section and came straight very awesome trucks all of you have. So I guess I should say hello to everyone :wavey:. Today I dropped off my 2015 for a an Icon Stage 1 kit and Toyo 295/65/20 tires on the stock wheels. Pretty pumped right now and looking forward to completion later this afternoon.

So far I have debadged her, installed a weatherguard box and installed AMP retractable steps. After this I'll probably purchase a Leer or Snugtop to keep things dry on Salmon and Steelhead trips.

Here is a before shot and after to come later.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got it Installed

Ok so I skipped the Newbie section and came straight very awesome trucks all of you have. So I guess I should say hello to everyone :wavey:. Today I dropped off my 2015 for a an Icon Stage 1 kit and Toyo 295/65/20 tires on the stock wheels. Pretty pumped right now and looking forward to completion later this afternoon.

So far I have debadged her, installed a weatherguard box and installed AMP retractable steps. After this I'll probably purchase a Leer or Snugtop to keep things dry on Salmon and Steelhead trips.

Here is a before shot and after to come later.
Her is the after! Sits about level next week we will fabricate a new rod that ties to the Auto Ride airbag sensor to raise the rear another 1" which will just about copy the factory rake.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good slcnlbr. Could you get some fender measurements for from ground to bottom of fender, I'm trying to figure out and decide if I want to go with a bigger leveling kit. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Haven't posted any updated pictures of my setup in this thread yet. Figured it was about time.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited

Suspension:
8" BDS long arm kit with Fox 2.0 shocks all around
1" Top Gun Customz front coil spacers​

Wheels/tires:
22x12 -40 offset American Force Independence SS8's
37x13.5 Toyo MT's​

Measurements:
Fender Height: 50.0" on all 4 corners
Poke (past the flares): 4.0" front, 3.5" rear​

Obviously a ton more done to the truck as well. Full mods list can be found in my build thread linked in my signature.

And yup, she still get's put to work!

·
Registered
44 Posts
1st off Love the trucks.
2nd I'm planning on throwing on bigger rims and tires, I'm still in the research faze. I want to put 35's on 18" rims dont know about width yet and I am planning on putting on bushwacker extenda fender flares. But I don't want to lift the truck. So with the added 2.5" in the front and 3" in the rear. Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
662 Posts
It's easy to fit 35s. Just add a leveling kit up front and use a 9 inch wide wheel with 4.5 or 5 inches of back spacing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2011 2500
3" Hellbent leveling kit- modified 2.5"
Carli track bar
RCX shocks and dual steering stabilizer
35" Toyo's on stock wheels with 1/2" spacers to clear factory control arms

Not nearly as extreme as some others but, I use it to tow our boat so the lift needed to remain minimal.

Todd

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
^^That's about perfect right there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone make a 1" coil spacer for the 14+ ram 2500 or 3500?
I have a 2015 2500 megacab diesel an I've got a Carli 3" commuter kit now and the front sits lower than I want, I'm wanting to raise it slightly. The closest I've found the Traxda 1.5" spacer but I'd have to get a drop pitman arm and possibly a drop track bar bracket with that spacer and I think it'll be to high with 1.5" added. Any help is appreciated, Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Does anyone make a 1" coil spacer for the 14+ ram 2500 or 3500?
I have a 2015 2500 megacab diesel an I've got a Carli 3" commuter kit now and the front sits lower than I want, I'm wanting to raise it slightly. The closest I've found the Traxda 1.5" spacer but I'd have to get a drop pitman arm and possibly a drop track bar bracket with that spacer and I think it'll be to high with 1.5" added. Any help is appreciated, Thanks
Check out Top Gun Customz. I'm running their 1" spacer on my 2012; I assume they make one for the 14+ trucks as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 2500 with 2.5"leveling kit

My 2015 2500 with daystar leveling kit and scorpion shocks .
Looking for a tire and wheel combo. Any suggestions?

Attachments

101 - 120 of 221 Posts