DODGE RAM FORUM banner
141 - 160 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got them from Go Rhino. To be honest, they look awesome but not too happy with them. They had a painted finish which makes the really slick when wet, and I've contacted the company about them rusting because they claimed to have a "lifetime warranty", only to never hear anything back from them. I re-coated them in bed liner and it really helped with the slickness. We'll see how long they hold up now. Def look good tho!

·
Registered
14 Posts
What all do i need to level a 2012 Ram 2500 heavy duty 2wd

I was wondering what products i need to level or raise my 2012 Ram 2500 Heavy duty 2wd Mega Cab. I tried spacer leveling kit from ebay and it did not work. I need some good advice from somebody that knows what they r doing. . Do i need new springs . what kinda of shocks. What kind of leveling or anything else that will lift front end to put on my 33' tires. Would air bags be a better way to go than a leveling kit? Thnx.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys,
Been pouring throu the pictures, and wanted to see what your thoughts are on leveling a '15 2500 MC. I am between the HBS or the Maxtrac level lift. Trying not to change the factory ride, shocks, etc so anyone prefer one level kit to another. And is the drop trackbar and pitman required. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2015 Ram 2500 6.4L CC long Bed
4" Zone Offroad Suspension Lift
Raceline 20x9 -12 Wheels w/ Federal MT 35s
Lund Side Steps
18% tint over factory
Paint matched fender flares
Bed cover - Tri-fold

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys,
Been pouring throu the pictures, and wanted to see what your thoughts are on leveling a '15 2500 MC. I am between the HBS or the Maxtrac level lift. Trying not to change the factory ride, shocks, etc so anyone prefer one level kit to another. And is the drop trackbar and pitman required. Thanks.
All rightly then

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Hey guys,
If you don't want to change the factory ride then a spacer kit is not the option to go with. They will most certainly make your ride harsher than stock. You'll be much better off going with a progressive rate coil spring level instead. Carli, Thuren, Kore, or TGC would all be options to look at depending on your budget. You will also want to replace the shocks with longer ones meant for a leveled truck or the ride will suffer. To finish it all off you will want an adjustable track bar to recenter the front diff and help prevent death wobble issues. I'd recommend BDS or BD Diesel's. No need for a drop pitman arm in this application.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you don't want to change the factory ride then a spacer kit is not the option to go with. They will most certainly make your ride harsher than stock. You'll be much better off going with a progressive rate coil spring level instead. Carli, Thuren, Kore, or TGC would all be options to look at depending on your budget. You will also want to replace the shocks with longer ones meant for a leveled truck or the ride will suffer. To finish it all off you will want an adjustable track bar to recenter the front diff and help prevent death wobble issues. I'd recommend BDS or BD Diesel's. No need for a drop pitman arm in this application.
I don't think anyone makes a leveling spring for 2014 and up with a Hemi. That's when the setup changed. I know for sure Thuren doesn't, I've emailed them and got a reply back. They eventually plan on making something, but don't at this time.... ?

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I don't think anyone makes a leveling spring for 2014 and up with a Hemi. That's when the setup changed. I know for sure Thuren doesn't, I've emailed them and got a reply back. They eventually plan on making something, but don't at this time.... ?
Ahh good catch. I always assume Cummins for the 2500/3500 trucks. Forgot that there's a number of guys running the 6.4L now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ahh good catch. I always assume Cummins for the 2500/3500 trucks. Forgot that there's a number of guys running the 6.4L now.
Yeah, I'm one and there isn't anything out there yet. If I want spacers there is, but I want a spring level. I'll just keep waiting, I'm sure something will eventually be available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2015 Ram 2500 6.4L CC long Bed
4" Zone Offroad Suspension Lift
Raceline 20x9 -12 Wheels w/ Federal MT 35s
Lund Side Steps
18% tint over factory
Paint matched fender flares
Bed cover - Tri-fold
does your truck sit level with the 4 in lift kit? hard to tell from your pictures. great looking truck by the way, pretty much the same idea i have for mine.

·
Registered
726 Posts

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Here's my 2015 2500 Laramie with a 5" Rough Country Lift, 962 Motomeqal 20 x 12.5 Wheels and 37" Trail Grapplers. Any of you guys recommend a different shock? The ones that are on this are the Rough country that comes with the kit. Would Ranchos or Bilstiens be a better replacement?[/URL[URL=http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/tvanleeuwen/media/IMG_1821_zpsrkt8lnco.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/tvanleeuwen/media/IMG_1820_zpsvxybssxa.jpg.html]
Nice looking truck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just picked up my 2014 2500 last weekend. Has a 3-inch Mopar level on the front, appears to have some type of aftermarket shocks in the back, haven't crawled under it yet to take a closer look, been too busy detailing!

275/70/18 (32 X 10) BFG KO2s on rattle canned factory chrome wheels, planning on replacing those with 20-inch wheels and 33s in a more aggressive tire sometime next year. Other than that, there's not much else I want to do to it at this point, pretty happy with how she looks and rides.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Here's my 2015 2500 Laramie with a 5" Rough Country Lift, 962 Motomeqal 20 x 12.5 Wheels and 37" Trail Grapplers. Any of you guys recommend a different shock? The ones that are on this are the Rough country that comes with the kit. Would Ranchos or Bilstiens be a better replacement?[/URL[URL=http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/tvanleeuwen/media/IMG_1821_zpsrkt8lnco.jpg.html][/URL[URL="http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/tvanleeuwen/media/IMG_1820_zpsvxybssxa.jpg.html"]
Fellow Hawk Fan - GO HAWKS!!

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Here's my 2015 2500 Laramie with a 5" Rough Country Lift, 962 Motomeqal 20 x 12.5 Wheels and 37" Trail Grapplers. Any of you guys recommend a different shock? The ones that are on this are the Rough country that comes with the kit. Would Ranchos or Bilstiens be a better replacement?
I'd recommend Fox or Bilsteins for replacement shocks. That will definitely be an improvement over the Rough Country ones as they're just a generic gas charged shock.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, I'm one and there isn't anything out there yet. If I want spacers there is, but I want a spring level. I'll just keep waiting, I'm sure something will eventually be available.
Just got my 2500 Hemi, and have been looking into this for a while. Carli emailed me today with this, so I suppose that's good news!

"As of now, we don't have anything available for the Hemi's. Only thing left for us to get hammered out is some shock tuning which we're hoping to get buttoned up in the next month or so. Keep an eye on the website/social media for updates!"

141 - 160 of 221 Posts