DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new to this and I love my Ram trucks since the first in 1999. I just upgraded from the 2009 Laramie with the Hemi in 2016 to a Laramie 2500 diesel. I love the truck, but now I have had to travel round trip 150 miles to get to a Dealer 5 times in the last 6 months for 4 check engine lights and to get one key fob updated that didn't work and the last trip was one week ago. Now last night at 6:45 pm, 20 miles away from home my "Check Engine light" comes on again. I have put at least 750 miles traveling to the Dealer, used 2 tanks of diesel and lost 1 weeks work altogether trying to get this fixed and I am very frustrated. What do I do now?:doh:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeah...what codes are you getting?

On my 2017 I experienced three Random Misfire codes, a cylinder 3 misfire code and two DEF regeneration failure codes - both of which the truck went into limp mode - all within less than 3 months of ownership. Those two limp mode incidents left me stranded 14 miles North of NoWhere in each case.

The dealers I visited either told me the complaint could not be repeated or they simply cleared the code and said to run it.

So I fixed it. :D

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
That is a long way to have to go see the dealer & i see that is your closest dealer

Are you using that diesel as your grocery getter & short trips ?

Diesels like to be driven hard
It keeps everything cleaned out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts