DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this has been in the planning stages for awhile, and I guess its about time to get started. This is the beginning of a long journey and I want to share with all of you.

First things first, you have to start with something like this:

With an interior like this: (excuse the mess)

And then do this:

Time for Deadening:

more to come.......

Reactions: LYC79

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Alright guys , now I think I'm gonna have to get into this game . Chithead just did it to his doors . Now dodgeman is doing his interior . Well until I get my materials rounded up , I have got to say "Looks Great"

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Let us know how it sounds or should I say Doesn't!!!!!!! Curious to know if it quiets the road noise or not?????

·
Registered
415 Posts
i did my front doors before finals and i can feel more pressure when my windows are down or doors are open. sorry no pics i didnt have time cuz it was a rush to make it through. however, my hands took a beating from the metal and dynamat itself i have cuts everywhere. Oh Daniel, thanks for the hvac tape idea not only did i get more out my dynamat but i made my install alot cleaner than i thought it would have come out plus beleive it or not it does work.

Sorry for hijacking!!! looks great dodgeman hey how much did u get ur deadener for?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did my front doors before finals and i can feel more pressure when my windows are down or doors are open. sorry no pics i didnt have time cuz it was a rush to make it through. however, my hands took a beating from the metal and dynamat itself i have cuts everywhere. Oh Daniel, thanks for the hvac tape idea not only did i get more out my dynamat but i made my install alot cleaner than i thought it would have come out plus beleive it or not it does work.

Sorry for hijacking!!! looks great dodgeman hey how much did u get ur deadener for?
Thanks Jeff, picked up 100 sq ft f/ 160 shipped. So far I have noticed an improvement in sound reduction, but with my exhaust, I'll never get it completely quiet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah i know, no matter how much u put on the exhaust will never drown out. just doing my doors i no longer here my tires on the road and alot of wind loss as well

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little more progress

Other side looks the same, also have my kicks made, installing tomorrow an will post pics then

more to come....

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not hard to do, just takes motivation and a little time...the reward is worth it

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Cool! Isn't it a pain cutting out all the holes for the door panels to reattach? I can't tell you how many times I held the panel up and set it back down making sure all the cutouts were correct.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It sure is, and w/ the neoprene on there it make it a little tough getting the panels back on, but it sure helps closing those holes up

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have plenty here if you need some, its a little heavy (1/8") but Ill send ya some if ya need it

1 - 20 of 196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.