DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the stickers that come with parts on their toolbox?

I started after I got my rollaway last year and had some Bilstein stickers laying around from installing the 4600s-I got the idea from some of the mechanics I have seen who do the same with their 46" Mac boxes and the like. Then I figured since I use the tools on my guns too it would make sense to put those stickers on too. I like my toolbox to represent the parts I like and use on my truck (even if I don't put them on myself, like the BF Goodrich sticker), and some other stuff which is why there's a Broncos sticker on there. It looks sort of gaudy, but its supposed to.

So now anytime a manufacturer sends me a sticker it goes on the box, and if the wife drags me to Hobby Lobby sometimes there are goodies like the Super Bee magnet. Most of the actual Mopar swag I ordered off Amazon or Ebay.

If you do, lets see it!

·
Registered
414 Posts
NOPE........I have more invested in my tools/tool box than my Ram. Even when wrenching on super comp, super gas, and late model modified race cars my tool box was clean (race cars have stickers because manufacturers pay contingency money and it used to be more than the purse was for a win).

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
Your box is as tall as mine used to be

I gave a top box to a neighbor, then i gave another box with rollers to a different neighbor
The roller box was a cheapie from a now defunct company called 10,000 auto parts
Then the neighbor that i gave the top box to was moving & wanted to sell a top box for $50 & i bought it.

Now all my boxes are made by Waterloo, the company that builds Craftsman toolboxes

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Put the stickers that come with parts on their toolbox?

If you do, lets see it!

Hey... Good thread starter!

Between years of motorcycle mods and tons of Jeep & truck repairs, I have indeed collected lots of stickers.

I never stick them on anything but for some odd reason I never simply throw them out.
They can be found tucked in odd places all around the shop.

BTW; your NRA, SIG, & US Flag stickers mix in well with all the automotive motif you have. :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I do! One goes on the toolbox and one on my rear window, I had to stop putting them on my window due to legal reasons though.....(can't see out of most of it)

I'm thinking of just removing all of them except my 6 inch US flag, should be less of a give away of what I'm running under the hood.

The safes downstairs receive all the firearm related stickers, usually according to what gun brands are in what safe.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
NOPE........I have more invested in my tools/tool box than my Ram. Even when wrenching on super comp, super gas, and late model modified race cars my tool box was clean (race cars have stickers because manufacturers pay contingency money and it used to be more than the purse was for a win).
Teach me your ways!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I do! One goes on the toolbox and one on my rear window, I had to stop putting them on my window due to legal reasons though.....(can't see out of most of it)

I'm thinking of just removing all of them except my 6 inch US flag, should be less of a give away of what I'm running under the hood.

The safes downstairs receive all the firearm related stickers, usually according to what gun brands are in what safe.
I can't bring myself to put stickers on my truck. My gun safe has a hammered finish so stuff doesn't really stick to it very well. Post pics!

So SGME9, GT and striker do-I figured you would striker.

Catch22 doesn't because he doesn't get paid to while EJ doesn't presumably because his is covered in Motorcraft and Ford stickers:gy:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can't bring myself to put stickers on my truck. My gun safe has a hammered finish so stuff doesn't really stick to it very well.

Catch22 doesn't because he doesn't get paid to while EJ doesn't presumably because his is covered in Motorcraft and Ford stickers:gy:
I didn't say "because I don't get paid to", I was simply referring to the original INTENT of the stickers, it is a personal preference to NOT deface my Snap-On and Mac tool boxes with advertising (I made my living with them for a long time).

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
I can't bring myself to put stickers on my truck. My gun safe has a hammered finish so stuff doesn't really stick to it very well.

EJ doesn't presumably because his is covered in Motorcraft and Ford stickers.
While I've never developed an emotional attachment to my tool cribs, I DO miss my old F250.
and psst... I'm really starting to like this new RAM. ;)

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't say "because I don't get paid to", I was simply referring to the original INTENT of the stickers, it is a personal preference to NOT deface my Snap-On and Mac tool boxes with advertising (I made my living with them for a long time).
I was just kidding around, I didn't mean anything by it. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The only sticker on my tool boxes is the large SNAP-ON decal on the inside of the lid. I have a nice set of Snap On tool boxes filled with 90% Snap On tools. The rest are specialty tools of different brands from Blue Point, Matco, Mac, Cornwell, OTC, AST and others.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
My tool box is clean, but I have an old hospital med cart which houses my drills, grinders, etc. that has some decals. I just couldn't put anything but a small US Flag on my Craftsman boxes.

Reactions: Thunderhorse

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My tool box is clean, but I have an old hospital med cart which houses my drills, grinders, etc. that has some decals. I just couldn't put anything but a small US Flag on my Craftsman boxes.
Nice!

Looking at yours makes me think maybe I should add a Slayer and a Pantera decal...:thk:

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
The only sticker on my tool boxes is the large SNAP-ON decal on the inside of the lid. I have a nice set of Snap On tool boxes filled with 90% Snap On tools. The rest are specialty tools of different brands from Blue Point, Matco, Mac, Cornwell, OTC, AST and others.
:icon1:

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Nice!

Looking at yours makes me think maybe I should add a Slayer and a Pantera decal...:thk:
You should be done thinking by now...get 'em on
:git::rockon:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
ROFL I love that smiley

Buy once, cry once
Oh I cry every time I update the inventory each year and record the new prices. Right now I am sitting at $49,000 dollars in tools and boxes if I had to replace them at today's prices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts