DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently reluctor or tone rings are different on 2013 and up. There is a video on you tube where a guy installs a 2019 engine in a 2011 with no issues. Some say no problems others say it won't work. The 3 places in Canada where I can get a new engine say it will work no problem. Just wondering if anybody has done an engine swap on a 2009 to 2012 with a newer engine to confirm. My engine runs great but has constant hemi tick hot or cold. Was told it was piston slap. Did test by shutting off fuel to each cylinder. When fuel was shut off to cylinder 5 noise went away. Appreciate any insight on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I watched the same video as im doing the same. Asked the same question and was assured on this forum that it will work. Just have to use the original engines crank sensor . Look at it this way, if it did NOT work, there would be a lot more posts and warnings about it, and there just isnt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watched the same video as im doing the same. Asked the same question and was assured on this forum that it will work. Just have to use the original engines crank sensor . Look at it this way, if it did NOT work, there would be a lot more posts and warnings about it, and there just isnt.
Yup that's true. The 3 places I called to get a new motor assured me there is no issues . A rebuilt is 3000 more than a brand new one.so I would prefer a new 5.7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts