DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does not work for me... the old format was MUCH more user friendly and intuitive.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
it just takes some getting used to it. at first i didn't like it, but i'm getting used to it...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Does not work for me... the old format was MUCH more user friendly and intuitive.
You're just used to the old format. In time you will likely see how much more user friendly and intuitive the new format actually is. I could be totally wrong as one size never fits all, but I do think you will find it fits you well. :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You're just used to the old format. In time you will likely see how much more user friendly and intuitive the new format actually is. I could be totally wrong as one size never fits all, but I do think you will find it fits you well. :)
i would agree. the more you use it, the more intuitive it becomes. it's not perfect, but they're working to make it that way.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I’ve got used to the new format, but still like the old one better.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,004 Posts
I think it's just fine, though there have been, and continue to be, some oddball things happen from time to time.
I've been using the "new" feature with one filter (show unread discussions) and sometimes it works as advertised and sometimes it doesn't, so I sometimes miss some stuff I might have preferred to see.
I think there are some bugs still being worked out by the teenage coders they have chained in the basement over in the Vertical Scope Bunker.
In general, though, I find it perfectly usable. It's faster for sure, and photos show better by far.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I’ve noticed that sometimes a reply will never get posted. Frequently I’ll post a reply to someone else just to see a post or three that are up to an hour old that weren’t being displayed before the post. This has only happened since the new format. It acts wonky and gives me the impression that the coding is not very well done.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
the more you use it, the more intuitive it becomes and the easier it is to use.

Mike, i have noticed sometimes a post appears not to load. if i refresh the browser it’s there. never not been. i assume that’s something with safari

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,180 Posts
@Varoadking - Being an old fart & a mod here, I have forced myself to get used to it. It is basically the same, just some of the names for what we do, have changed. (In other words, PMs are now CONVERSATIONS.) It's just a matter of learning the NEW & IMPROVED format. Posting pictures, following threads, etc. has gotten a little easier. I don't care for the fact, we don't have the same signatures, profile pages, badges & such, though.

I have to agree with @tabber02 - I am using Google Chrome & have to "re-fresh" after responding to posts, also. I usually back all the way out to the home page & hit the refresh button.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Also using Chrome. Found that if you click on Post Reply but don't move your cursor off the Post Reply box, nothing happens. If I move my cursor just outside of the Post Reply box, it sends right away.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I didn't like the old format, There are way to many sub forums and it's a maze to navigate. Combine the sub forums to the generation of the vehicle and it would make world of difference. Maybe we won't see so many posts in the wrong section!!!! I posted about this before but of course nothing ever changes. So it's a waste of time even posting about it. AND I STILL WANT MY AVATAR FIXED!!!! The pic is of my whole truck NOT just the front! This wasn't a problem on the old format!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,683 Posts
I didn't like the old format, There are way to many sub forums and it's a maze to navigate. Combine the sub forums to the generation of the vehicle and it would make world of difference. Maybe we won't see so many posts in the wrong section!!!! I posted about this before but of course nothing ever changes. So it's a waste of time even posting about it. AND I STILL WANT MY AVATAR FIXED!!!! The pic is of my whole truck NOT just the front! This wasn't a problem on the old format!
Thank you for the feedback. Just as an FYI, a couple of months back, we completed a reorganization of sorts of the many subforums, we did away with some and merged others in an effort to make things neater, more user friendly and easier to navigate. We are a very small staff here by comparison and in relation to the number of members so we do appreciate the patience of people at times. Contrary to your comments, suggestions and even criticism doesn't go unnoticed or unheard, and yes, things do change so no, you're not wasting your time. I don't remember previously hearing about your avatar problems and if you did mention it before, I apologize if we missed it or just got busy and issues like that need to be brought to the attention of the site owners, VSAdmin, as they have access to the IT side of things. I hope this gives a little clarification on things and you're always welcome tor reach out to myself or any other staff member here and we will do what we can to help.

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I did mention it but it wasn't here(Community Help Section) . Another forum(that i no longer use) also changed to this exact platform and has the exact same problem(witch i did post about and no change). I'm not holding my breath but since the problem is known see how long it takes to get "fixed". The problem is with "Forum software by XenForo" not you guys. It's aggravating changing to something that wasn't broken to only resort back to "fixing". What does history teach us?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts