DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is some type of plug that covers that hole. It was there on Thursday afternoon when I put on my registration sticker on. Bunch of savages in this town!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with the name of the plug. Probably a dealer only part unless you can find one in a junk yard.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Trailer hitch plug, part # is 68495076AA, (old # was 55077311AB)

There is actually a different one that would be used if you had the hitch bolt

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much! Didn't realize not an easy part to get or how often it is stolen from what I read.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hell, so that is why my bumper looks like that. I bought my 2015 Ecodiesel 3 months ago and couldn't understand why it was like that. So a plug is missing, good to know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know if I'd say stolen is always the case. I have replaced mine twice. I think they rattle loose, blown off or both.
It was there when I left on a trip. I saw it when I hooked up the trailer. I noticed It was gone at the first gas stop. Next time I buy one I'll glue it on with some Lexel (crazy good adhesive, and can be removed if you really had to).

·
Registered
177 Posts
I bought my truck off the lot and as I rarely have towed anything over the years, I did not care the truck was ordered with the hitch delete. After reading this thread, I was interested to know whether my bumper a) had a hole and b) if a hole, was the cover in place. I'll sleep better tonight as the answer to both queries is a resounding "yes". I love this forum because I'm always learning something new!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought mine off E Bay
2003-2019 DODGE RAM REAR BUMPER STEP PAD TOWING BALL PLUG ROUND CAP-NEW
NEW , TOP QUALITY , BEST PRICE

Price:
US $6.99

t

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
After reading this I ordered a new plug to replace the missing one on my truck. It always bothered me to see it missing. I got it in the mail Thursday and installed it. Before installing it I put some clear caulk around the ring to help hold it in place. Caulk does a good job holding things into place, but doesn’t make it impossible to remove if I ever need to for some reason. I like having the option.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts