DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting the Intune but my fuel cost is covered by work since I use my own vehicle. We can only use regular fuel & with the cost of fuel rising every day there is no way I can slip mid-grade into my expenses. Would it still make sense to buy the Intune especially since I can't run the other tunes? I would love better fuel mileage (dreaming I know) or turning of the MDS but I don't know if just turning off MDS is worth the cost. Is the MPG tune good, does it help at all? I would rather control my fuel costs so I can keep using my truck instead of some econo box company car!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Will it will probably increase performance slightly if you run the 87 octane tune with 87 octane fuel. Right now your engine is probably pulling timing to compensate for the lower octane fuel that you are running (Hemi drinks 89 octane fuel). I am not sure what other options there are for the 2010 truck because I have an 05 with a predator.
Since your employer covers your fuel, what if you talked with them to see if they would allow you to cover the additional cost of running premium. (pay the difference between the reg grade and the grade you pick).

·
Registered
159 Posts
personally i wouldnt bother. gains are minimal at best with the 87 tune, if your towing anything or want more power you will have to step up to 89 oct at least anyway. there are advantages to having it tho like you said turning off mds and adjusting tire size for example but by turning off mds it will not increase mpg. mds is there to improve mileage, altho you would be able to take advantage of the trans tuning wich would be nice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's probably actually a good idea to get one. The truck calls for 89 and people that run 87 generally report stuck lifters after time. To run the mpg booster or 87 tune will adjust the PCM accordingly to run properly with 87.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i wonder if they could send you an 89 tune, since whats what these trucks run, it seems silly they dont come pre loaded with a tune for that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts