DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a 2011 Ram 1500 Slt with the 4.7L, do I have daytime running lights on this model? I know if I do the dealer will turn them on with the star scan like they did to my Challengers. The extra visibility to other drivers is worthwhile, especially in city driving.
Also, is there a larger owners manual available from Dodge? All I got was a thin one, I had to call to get the big one for my Challenger.

·
Registered
125 Posts
like you said about your challenger the daytime running lights is just a computer thing. my grandpa had to get them enabled as Canada requires you to have them and he bought the truck in Indiana. takes like 2 minutes to do.

·
Registered
307 Posts
lol, usually the first thing I'm doing on my vehicle is figuring out how to turn off DRL's. Had them on my 2003 Toyota Matrix and hated them. Make my Sylvania Silverstars burn out in only a few months.

Had to cut a wire under the dash to disable them.

Darin

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Light bulbs are cheap insurance to be seen by the other guy, your eye naturally goes to a lighted vehicle whether day or night. I've always heard the silver stars have a short life span.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you would think that could be an option in the EVIC.

It is ridiculous that the option is available to be activated, but only by the Dealer

·
Registered
307 Posts
Light bulbs are cheap insurance to be seen by the other guy, your eye naturally goes to a lighted vehicle whether day or night. I've always heard the silver stars have a short life span.
Oh really?

http://blog.motorists.org/daytime-running-lights-no-statistically-significant-effect-on-safety/

I could see the need for DRL's in far northern Canada and Europe where dim daylight in wintertime could reduce visibility. But here in the southern plains of the US, they have little to no effect. Someone busy texting or yakking on their phone won't see your car, lights on or not.

Darin

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Newer Rams need to have this done

reconfigure TIPM. 53 Electrical Misc. 1237 CPM.

I don't know which lights it works with
Just that another member had it done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts