DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my dome lights are dim for some reason. I have only owned the truck for 2 weeks so i am not very familiar with the truck yet. I can tell you that they are all LED. In the truck you can barley tell they are on at night. I took out the biggest dome light housing, The one in the center of the headliner, and hooking it up on the work bench it is very bright like an LED should be. Where do I start looking for the problem? Or has anyone had this problem so you can point me right to the right solution? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
try using the light switch beside your headligt switch, to manually turn them on, I have led interior lights and they are always dim when the truck is on, I have to turn them on manually with the light switch and all 3 come on... I think it is still unknown why they do this

·
Registered
487 Posts
All of my dome lights are dim for some reason. I have only owned the truck for 2 weeks so i am not very familiar with the truck yet. I can tell you that they are all LED. In the truck you can barley tell they are on at night. I took out the biggest dome light housing, The one in the center of the headliner, and hooking it up on the work bench it is very bright like an LED should be. Where do I start looking for the problem? Or has anyone had this problem so you can point me right to the right solution? Thanks for the help in advance.
Sounds like someone swapped out the incandescent for the LEDs. Try putting the correct bulbs in and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts