DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the Spyder Black Projectors with black bezels. They do have the same issues as the OEM black bezel lights, where they melt due to the heat of the projector. And it happens quickly, within the first couple weeks depending how much driving you do with the headlights on. Luckily mine were still under warranrty and Spyder is taking care of it. I now have a set of lights to practice painting because they didn't want them returned, just field destroyed.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Figured I’d kick this thread back alive. I recently picked up a pair of OEMassive projector replacements.
I’m surprised that there is nothing in the search about this seller and the lights they offer. I need to do some digging so I can find out who actually makes their lights. This next payday I will be ordering Headlight Revolutions conversion harness so I can replace my quad beam halogens with these OEM style projectors. The plan is to run the provided halogen lights that ship with the lights. Then eventually running HID as well as Diode Dynamics LED switchback DRLs. Looking forward to the mods and will post an initial and follow-up review. May include the link in this thread.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Picked up the Spyder Black Projectors with black bezels. They do have the same issues as the OEM black bezel lights, where they melt due to the heat of the projector. And it happens quickly, within the first couple weeks depending how much driving you do with the headlights on. Luckily mine were still under warranrty and Spyder is taking care of it. I now have a set of lights to practice painting because they didn't want them returned, just field destroyed.
Sorry to hear that but have you thought about getting a LED headlight kit for them?

Here's the Xtreme Pro LED Kit installed in the factory headlights:

Danny

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that but have you thought about getting a LED headlight kit for them?

Danny
My Ram is equiped with factory projectors. I wasn't after more light output, I just wanted a blackout look. I may be looking for LED's to brighten my tinted foglights at a later date though.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
My Ram is equiped with factory projectors. I wasn't after more light output, I just wanted a blackout look. I may be looking for LED's to brighten my tinted foglights at a later date though.
The reason I recommend LED was because of the lower wattage and heat that they have in comparison to the halogen bulbs which may be why the headlights are melting.

Danny

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was told that it is the focused light through the reflector creates more heat than the bulb produces. It is basically like burning ants with a magnifying glass.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is not really a review (so to say) and I’m not trying to jack your thread, but the headlights I purchased from OEmassive turned out great. Had an initial cutoff issue where the lights shown down 5 ft in front of my truck but it’s better now. Light output is 5x better with the projector. Will eventually be switching to HID and running DD’s switchback DRLs. But for now the provided halogen headlights are plenty bright. No burn issues either. I was also concerned with condensation build up but after several trips to the car wash and numerous rain storms, not a drop of condensation in sight. I’d definitely recommend them. I initially had to drive with my high beams on after work due to the position of the projectors being so far down, but I work third shift so there wasn’t a lot of traffic. Attached photo is the alignment right out of the box. I don’t have one from after I adjusted them yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,527 Posts
This is not really a review (so to say) and I’m not trying to jack your thread, but the headlights I purchased from OEmassive turned out great. Had an initial cutoff issue where the lights shown down 5 ft in front of my truck but it’s better now. Light output is 5x better with the projector. Will eventually be switching to HID and running DD’s switchback DRLs. But for now the provided halogen headlights are plenty bright. No burn issues either. I was also concerned with condensation build up but after several trips to the car wash and numerous rain storms, not a drop of condensation in sight. I’d definitely recommend them. I initially had to drive with my high beams on after work due to the position of the projectors being so far down, but I work third shift so there wasn’t a lot of traffic. Attached photo is the alignment right out of the box. I don’t have one from after I adjusted them yet.
What projectors are those? Spyder? Your hot spot seems really weird in the pictures.

·
Registered
96 Posts
HIDProjectors.com

I've had my blacked out HID's from HIDprojectors.com for a year now. They use the mini gatling projector with 43K H1 HID setup. 35 watt Hylux ballasts. Love them and no heat related issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
What projectors are those? Spyder? Your hot spot seems really weird in the pictures.
OEMassive. Sorry, I’m just now seeing this, as I haven’t been on in quite a while. I need to throw a follow up photo on here because, after having these for a little over a year, they in fact did develop some seal issues to where condensation develops on the inside. Also, my passengers side headlight has developed some severe, what may he oxidation, that is highly rough and seems to be cracking the outside layer of plastic on the headlight. Pictures to come.

Will definitely be searching for other options.
-Eddie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts