DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, short story short lets not text and drive, otherwise you will end up ruining a 40k dollar truck that STILL HAS PAPER PLATES ON IT.

Would like to give a shout out to the 19 year old girl who ruined this guys truck. I now owe 16k on a truck that most likely isnt worth that much anymore.

In the shop with about 6-8k damage done to it. CANT WAIT for the little POS rental they give me, until then all my client dinners are on hold and im not making any money. All thanks to a 19 year old girl trying to text her bf while driving.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Sry to hear about your truck bud, and I hear ya every teenage girl down here is either: texting, playing beauty shop, shoving her face full of food, and the worst ALL THREE AT ONCE. I drive big truck so I know the how important it is to leave the phone alone. Annnnd why would anyone want to leave Texas (or Louisiana), theyre only like the two best states ever LOL

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your truck. Was she cited for texting while driving? It's illegal here and they can pull you over if they see your phone in your hand.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow sorry to hear about your truck. Was she cited for texting while driving? It's illegal here and they can pull you over if they see your phone in your hand.
Not illegal down here, unless in a school zone... She was cited for failure to control motor vehicle etc, LUCKY im such a nice guy... as she ONLY had her permit, and the police were called AFTER I aloud her mother to show up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wouldn't have been that nice. I would have told the cop everything to make sure she learns her lesson. Good luck with your truck hopefully it gets repaired quickly.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Texting is illegal here but I still see lots of it. You can see it when you sit up higher in a truck.
Recently, I was coming home from work on my motorcycle. I got along side a car that had been weaving a bit. The teenage female driver was texting and she had little dog climbing all over her. When I got beside her at a light, I cursed her out for being so stupid. She just looked at me with no expression. In my younger days, I would have kicked her door.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I have never been an advocate of train horns, but in the last 5 years I have encounter many situations where such a device could prove to be an asset.

What would you do if you were texting while driving and suddenly heard a train horn 10feet from you! :str: :SHOCKED: LOL

BTW - Spell check does not the word "texting' either. :)

To the OP - I can sympathize with your situation. Although mine was a year old when attacked by Mr. Poop Head, to me it was as if the truck was only 2 days off the lot. I commend your patience with the novice driver. I would not have been as nice under the circumstances. Her cell phone would not have survived!

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To the OP - I can sympathize with your situation. Although mine was a year old when attacked by Mr. Poop Head, to me it was as if the truck was only 2 days off the lot. I commend your patience with the novice driver. I would not have been as nice under the circumstances. Her cell phone would not have survived!
AWWWW what did "Mr. Poop Head" do to you poor wittle guy :(!

LOL! But really :box:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I think it sucks, weather it was texting or Drunk or dumb-ass or just plain accident, it still sucks, sorry for your truck, I can feel for ya. Hopefully no one got physically hurt, and it was only material damage. But at the end of the day, as you stand next to your baby, and look at the damage, it still sucks. :doh:

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I should be getting it back this friday... Hate having greasy mechanics inside and out of my truck etc... As well to this day I have YET to meat ANY service for detailing vehicles that can properly wash a black truck.

Looking into this diminished value claim thing... Anybody have any luck with this thing?

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I actually just was watching some special on tv (dateline I think) about teens and texting and driving. I very occasionally will pick up my phone to change the song (aux input) and know that's as bad as texting. My personal opinion is that if you can talk on your cell phone and drive fine, then ok. If you can glance at your phone and drive fine, then ok. But most people can't. I can honestly say I can NOT glance at my phone to change the song and keep complete attention on the road. I can also honestly say that I CAN talk on my phone and keep complete attention on the road. There are also people who get on the phone and totally forget that they are in a car on the road. So it all depends on the person IMO. What ever happened to personal responsibility? My dad was rear ended by a young girl talking on her phone and his back is ruined for the rest of his life. He got a few grand for what his car was worth and that was it. Some consolation. Anyway, hope you get you truck back and get to enjoy it from now on (with STEEL PLATES :) )

·
Banned
972 Posts
Damn that sucks!

I have been lucky enough to not get any wrecks while texting and driving, then again I always have my phone up high(at the top of the steering wheel) so I'm not glancing down at my lap

1 - 20 of 76 Posts