DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my drivers side door actuator. Everything was fine for about 2 months but a few days ago the actuator does not recognize when the door is closed. I close the door and the "door" signal on the dash stays on and my interior lights stay on. If pull the door from the inside "more" closed, the light will go out and everything is good but the second I take the pressure off of the door the light comes right back on. I've looked to see if there is a position adjustment on the actuator and the metal bar it clamps to but no luck. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows of a fix. I don't want to have to replace the entire actuator if I can avoid it because it seems that the actuator is working fine.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Since the switch is non-adjustable,replacing the entire assembly is the only option. It should still be under the 12/12 warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the switch is non-adjustable,replacing the entire assembly is the only option. It should still be under the 12/12 warranty.
Thanks...I'll look to see if it's under warranty although I bought it online...I'll take a look and thanks again man :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actuator wasn't under warranty so I had to get a new one. $60 on Amazon NBD. Hopefully this one lasts more than 2 weeks. :doh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I got it from a third party Web site. The dealership wants nearly 3 times the amount lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasn't to bad to do the first time. I got up this morning and my new actuator arrived but i didn't have time to put it in. Went out to my truck and my door won't even close any more lol. Drove into work holding my door shut the entire way here :SHOCKED:. Luckily I work 10 minutes from home haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the new actuator in....Took three hours lol. Apparently the hitch in the door jam had moved so it took a while to get it adjusted correctly. 2 days later and no dinging and the door shuts just like it should! :bis:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts