DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with 50K miles. Recently the door unlock system doesn't work about half the time. Whether I use the inside unlock button on the armrest panel, or the remote, the doors will not unlock. What is interesting is that the tailgate will unlock, just not the doors, so the tailgate lock must have a separate input or relay. At other times it all works correctly, so it is an intermittent problem. Does anyone know if the power to the unlock solenoids come directly from a body control unit, or is there a relay which controls this. I looked in the relay/fuse box in the engine compartment near the battery but did not find a relay marked as door lock control. Where could other relays be located? Ay ideas?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with 50K miles. Recently the door unlock system doesn't work about half the time. Whether I use the inside unlock button on the armrest panel, or the remote, the doors will not unlock. What is interesting is that the tailgate will unlock, just not the doors, so the tailgate lock must have a separate input or relay. At other times it all works correctly, so it is an intermittent problem. Does anyone know if the power to the unlock solenoids come directly from a body control unit, or is there a relay which controls this. I looked in the relay/fuse box in the engine compartment near the battery but did not find a relay marked as door lock control. Where could other relays be located? Ay ideas?
Hi @davanz - We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, please be sure to follow up with us via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for the dealer process.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 2 of 2 Posts