DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some information about my front door locks. Dodge says its not covered under warrenty because my truck has over 60,000 km. So, here's the problem. I have a 2017 Ram 1500. Driver and front passenger locks do not engage or disengage with either key fob nor do they operated with the power door lock button. The driver door intermittently locks or unlocks with the key. The other day my front passenger refused to open. Even reaching through the back door. I got in the front driver and pulled on the door handle. 5 minutes later we got it open. Guess what? Today it was my door that refused to open. I am frustrated because currently I take my husband daily to the hospital for radiation and chemo treatments. He depends on me to drive. If ANYONE has any clue on what the issue is without having to pay for another diagnostic, which, surprise surprise, didn't find the issue they needed more time which to me means more money. PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Try unplugging the connector for the tail gate under the truck in the back by the spare tire. I had some funny problems with my door locks, 17 Ram (actually got locked out once, could not even open it with the key) and the dealer found that there is a known issue with this connector shorting out, especially when it gets wet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts