DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what works and what doesn't when it comes to these things. Up against a wall, the door edge is very vulnerable and I was thinking of getting the color matched plastic/rubber type strips that would protect this area.

And for the sides, what looks/works best for door dings from idiots parked next to you? The stock color-matched strip? Or some after market one? I have the chrome step rail (which I can't stand, and want to replace with AMP power steps), but they do stick out and protect from lower car doors hitting my truck doors.

Thanks in advance all!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Best thing is park away from the door swingers an walk works for me.....:smileup:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
582 Posts
The XPEL are a great product, I have used them before for paint protection. Amazon sells them pretty cheap. Just got my door guards delivered yesterday and will be installing this weekend.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The XPEL are a great product, I have used them before for paint protection. Amazon sells them pretty cheap. Just got my door guards delivered yesterday and will be installing this weekend.
Another good suggestion latitud. I just went to Amazon today and bought them as well. Thanks again for the tip!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any thoughts on Side Moulding for these trucks? The edge protection is on it's way but I'm still not sure about the side moulding. Should I go stock or is there a better way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Latitude...great suggestion...I am almost paranoid about leaving my truck in public lots. Usually park way out away from the door swingers.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
For side moldings try zetaproducts.net They can be color matched to your truck.
Jay

·
Registered
398 Posts
For the door I got the hard rubber edge guards for 3 bucks at my local truck shop. The work and look great. It was easy for me because my truck is black, but I am sure you can find painted ones to match.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the door I got the hard rubber edge guards for 3 bucks at my local truck shop. The work and look great. It was easy for me because my truck is black, but I am sure you can find painted ones to match.
Thanks Ray, do you have any up close pics of those available? Maybe a whole door shot or something? That would be great, but if not, no worries.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts