DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the switch is on the front doors that turns the dome light on when they are opened. I want to install led lights on my running boards and want them to turn on when the front doors are opened?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The switch for the dome lights is built into the actual door latch itself. The latch sends a signal to the body controller so trying to tie into the switch itself will not work. You'll need to find out which high side driver output circuit actually sends power to the dome lights. :thk:

I found a wiring diagram that shows a white w/light green trace, wire #I700 that looks to be for the front left foot well light. That should be a 12v circuit with the door open, check it to see.

If anyone has better info, please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The switch for the dome lights is built into the actual door latch itself. The latch sends a signal to the body controller so trying to tie into the switch itself will not work. You'll need to find out which high side driver output circuit actually sends power to the dome lights. :thk:

I found a wiring diagram that shows a white w/light green trace, wire #I700 that looks to be for the front left foot well light. That should be a 12v circuit with the door open, check it to see.

If anyone has better info, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the info. My Ram only has the dome light. I was thinking I could buy a door switch for an older car or truck and mount it in the door jam and find a 12 volt source I could tap into.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,403 Posts
Check your foot well. Even though you don't have the light most likely the wire is there. Check for a plug and use a tester to see if it is part of the dome lighting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check your foot well. Even though you don't have the light most likely the wire is there. Check for a plug and use a tester to see if it is part of the dome lighting.
Thanks for the info. I will check it out and let you know what I find.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looked in the books and seems all courtesy lamps run yellow/ with alternate color for hot side on wires . Blk/grey grounds . Check wire in dome light . Hot should be a yellow/?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mine didnt have the footwell lights either. I picked it up off the harness on the bottom by foot A piller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts