DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intermittent problem. All four doors and tailgate fail to lock/unlock. True if using FOBs (2), door panel switches (2) or reaching automatic speed (20 mph). Lights don’t flash when FOB is operated. Acts like battery is disconnected or exhausted. Two hours later, all is well. Happened again about one month later, same exact symptoms, but self-cured in 15 minutes. It was above freezing the second time. Last 8 of VIN: gs162324. Dealer could not reproduce the problem and found no error codes. What component or situation could cripple everything related to the electronic lock/unlock feature - intermittently? Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
34,387 Posts
I am pretty sure these are all options in the setting menu for your Uconnect menu.

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
When the FOBs don't work
Take a look at your surroundings

Are you near a store like a 7/11, how close are you to the front door ?
There are several florescent lights & CCTV cameras, they affect the signal

Are you near a shop that has things like a CNC machine, etc.

Are you near a building with computers or birdbaths & fountains

Lots of things affect the signal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input.

This problem is not the result of a bump as far as I know. Everything worked fine when I parked it in the evening and failed in the morning when I went to use the truck. It is not exclusive to the FOB as the door lock switches do not function either. I did not play with any settings.

All electronic means to open any door or tailgate fail to respond including FOBs, door panel switches and transmission speed. The only way to lock or unlock the door is the mechanical key within the FOB, or once inside, pulling and pushing the manual buttons on the door.

I wouldn’t think there are many components or combination of wires that could take down everything electrical related to all locks.

Anybody have a schematic of the 4th generation locking system or a set of diagnostics to point me in the right direction?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
Everything that you are referring to is connected to the BCM, Body Control Module

I believe that you may need to visit your dealership because you have lost some communication with the BCM
Maybe they can just Flash the BCM

The Intermittent Operation of Electronic Components

Electronic components such as Exterior and Interior Lamps, Chime Warning, Courtesy Lamps, Dome Lamps, Door Ajar Status, Fog Lamps, Wiper Controls, Low and High Beam Head Lamps, Horn, Park Lamps, Central Locking, Horn Chirp, Instrumentation Lighting and Gauges, Speedometer, Odometer, Radio, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Radio functions etc. In certain instances, these items may not operate at all.

Security Function Errors

Security functions including Remote Keyless Entry (RKE), Vehicle Anti-Theft Security System (VTSS), Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS), (PASSKEY), issues typically are related to Body Control Module failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • So, my neighbor has a 2017 3500. Basically the same issue except the vehicle responded to commands from the fob with lights and horn. But fails to lock and unlock. OEM remote start does function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts