DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently started having the craziest issue with my 2014 Big Horn. I can unlock my truck using my key fobs with no problem. However, once in my truck, the locks will randomly lock, even without hitting the lock button on either the door panels or my key fobs. Once the doors lock, I can hear the locking mechanism continue to fire (the same sound as if you hit the lock button after the door is already locked). Both the driver and passenger side door lock buttons only work “sometimes”.
I’ve now noticed the truck will lock itself even if I leave the keys in the ignition and the truck running. Thankfully, that was in my own driveway and I’ve started carrying my extra key fob with me.
I’ve already checked both key fobs for low batteries, both of which were fine.
If anyone has any ideas, it’d be helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I had the same problem with my 2013 Dodge Ram hemi. It was my fob I only had one fob. I ordered a new fob and batteries from eBay for about $20. Took my old fob apart Took out the green electronic board and cleaned it with an eraser tip .. The rubber pad that you press to unlock and lock the doors from the new fob and put it in the old Fob with the green Electric board and put In new batteries in it back together in the old fob and everything works great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts