DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both of my front doors shake when driving at highway speeds, the driver door more than the passenger door. I feel like its just having latch alignment issues. Any tips?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 5.7 2008 quad cab 4x4 drove me nuts whenever i hit bumps and could hear all the doors rattle i went to ace hardware and bought some foam tape they sell for sound deading vehicles etc. 4 rolls for 12 bucks.

are you talking about the actually door mounts or the interior plastics?

Never heard of the door shaking so badly like in your care.. not sure if that will fix your porblem but if the doors are simliar mounting design to the 06-08 maybe not all the plastics are lined up in the holes. it should be 4 screws and a torx bolt from the handle to remove. hope that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i know its not the door panels, its the whole door.. I am thinking that over the years the latch for the door has gotten loose or something.. because around town it doesnt shake at all.. but once you get going highway speeds they start to rattle and there is alot of wind noise. The front doors only do it..

I have noticed that once im going highway speeds that the doors dont look like they are flush with the back door, it looks like there is a gap.. but i slam the door and it doesnt make a difference

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If your truck is the extend cab, it could be that the rear doors may be out of alignment causing the front doors to be fully seated as the front door latch is in the back door. If this is the case you would have to adjust the upper and lower latch of the back door. This can be tricky

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
It could be that the OEM rubber door seals are just old
this is one of the better companies, used on a lot of Classic vehicles & Hot Rods
http://www.steelerubber.com/

If you have regular auto swap meets, the rubber products companies usually have 1 or 2 booths

at the end of April, you have one of the largest swap meets in the Mid West just over at the Texas Motor Speedway, it last 4 days
http://www.pateswapmeet.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks for the help. Ill have some time to work on it the next couple days and when I figure it out ill post what the problem was

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure if this is the same problem, but my driver's side door has pretty much always allowed a tiny amount of vibration/shaking and wind noise to enter the cab. I did read someone to just try to adjust the latch, but I haven't gotten around to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts