DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some information concerning door sizes. I would like to put some side window visors on my crewcab. I like to install them just on the front doors, I personally do not like the look of visors on the rear doors. My question; are the regular cab truck doors the same dimensions as the front crew cab doors? I just don't want to spend the extra dough for the set of 4 when I won't be installing the rear visors.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Looking for some information concerning door sizes. I would like to put some side window visors on my crewcab. I like to install them just on the front doors, I personally do not like the look of visors on the rear doors. My question; are the regular cab truck doors the same dimensions as the front crew cab doors? I just don't want to spend the extra dough for the set of 4 when I won't be installing the rear visors.
The front doors are all the same so a regular cab set will take care of just your fronts on a CC.

Interesting look. Be sure to post a few pics when you get it done so we can see.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! Imo I think just the front doors done give the front approach a little bolder statement.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
did the same on my 04 3500, used the weather tech in channel, no tape or glue. worked great. i did find they increased wind noise which is why i don't have them on my 11.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the window channel ones can sometimes mess up the auto down on the power windows. They will not go up all the way because they think there is an obsticle in the way, and down goes the window. The 3m tape ones look great and no problems.........later......mark

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the Ventvisors In-channel smoke on my crew cab. they work great No rain gets in when they are cracked to let in fresh air and out stale air.. also have not scratched the windows at all. I have only had then auto roll down window 1 time when I was putting the window up, and that was like 3 or 4 days after the install it has not done it another time and they have been on for 6 almost 7 months.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
Did the in channel scratch the top inch of your windows?
sorry, didn't see this, no scratches at all, i used weather tech and there really isn't a way for them to scratch anything. after i put them in, i sent windows up and down about 5 times, never had an issue except wind noise.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Weather Techs in channel front and back for me, no scratches and no issues with auto up (there was a thing in the directions on auto up).

No noise and no issues I love them

·
Registered
93 Posts
Installed the OEM vent visors and had the dealer paint them DeepWater Blue Pearl to match the truck....Looks great and blends in nicely with the rest of the truck IMG_2334.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
No No my friend

The front doors are all the same so a regular cab set will take care of just your fronts on a CC.

Not sure where you got his info, but regular cab doors are larger. I know, I own one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts