DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I've been following Doug for awhile and this is a nice review with a fun, obviously non-truck guy review. One big item he missed is right up is wheel house is the lifetime Max Care Warranty since he got a lot of exposure with is CarMax Range Rover bumper to bumper warranty repairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjiSK6ztIzk&t=233s

·
Registered
53 Posts
Overall decent review. I have to disagree about the raptor getting a higher score (I think he was overly harsh on some component scores), but I'm biased since I looked at both and chose the Ram I suppose.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yes, Doug is unique in his reviews for sure. I considered a Raptor, a Regular F150, a Ram 1500, a Chevy, Toyota and Nissan in 2014. For me it came down to the Fords vs Ram, but the 8 speed in the Ram was so good compared to the Fords that I went Ram and am happy. I really like the new 2019, and originally was going to jump on one but things change so I'm keeping my paid off Ram for now and enjoying my little red Veloster manual turbo for a bit.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The Raptor is cool if you want a toy to off road in or commute in something cool, but its not a very good truck for truck use (pulling and hauling). I used to work with a guy who had a 6.2L crew cab and it had like an 860lb payload, so with the camper shell and his family in there he was already close to his GVWR

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i dont agree with the 7 for practicality and features. It is loaded to the gills, it pulls, its good in the winter with 4x4, it can go offroad, its roomy for the whole family, it can carry half the house around, its got all the safety features, trailer blind spot, one of the nicest ent. consoles in the industry, among the fastest and responsive touch screens, its fast, its powerful, heated seats, cooled, front, back, air suspension, its super quiet, led turning headlights, air suspension, very nice materials left and right...WTF do you want more to get a 9 or 10? A blonde to play with your balls every time you get in ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
i dont agree with the 7 for practicality and features. It is loaded to the gills, it pulls, its good in the winter with 4x4, it can go offroad, its roomy for the whole family, it can carry half the house around, its got all the safety features, trailer blind spot, one of the nicest ent. consoles in the industry, among the fastest and responsive touch screens, its fast, its powerful, heated seats, cooled, front, back, air suspension, its super quiet, led turning headlights, air suspension, very nice materials left and right...WTF do you want more to get a 9 or 10? A blonde to play with your balls every time you get in ?
^^^This^^^ :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ya, it is easy to get worked up on these reviews, personally I like the different approach and don't base anything as set in stone. Since he doesn't really define his scale it is hard for us to understand it completely. He genuinely like the truck a lot and even said was better then the regular F150, which according to Car and Drive is still #1.

When he shows you them in the stack against other trucks it seems like an appropriate score to me.

Also one of the admins for the site can explain why when I started this tread that somehow Tango51 was able to post in front with no context. Also I had the YouTube link in my post and that doesn't seem to show up either.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Also one of the admins for the site can explain why when I started this tread that somehow Tango51 was able to post in front with no context. Also I had the YouTube link in my post and that doesn't seem to show up either.
You both posted threads about the same video so I merged them. Sort of like how I merged the 14 or so different threads people posted throughout different areas of the site for the cruise control recall.

Not sure what happened to the video. Im on my phone now so I am not sure if it is one of those things I can see on my laptop but not my phone

·
Registered
111 Posts
His Doug scores should be based on "compared to like vehicles" Doesn't deserve a low score because it's not as much fun to drive as a Porsche 911, or as fuel efficient as a Prius.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts