DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

I have just upgraded from a 1500 gas truck to a 2500 Cummins to pull my RV and things around.

I have heard, that deleting DPF and EGR systems will give better MPG and a bit more response to throttle. I live in TX, so could I remove the EGR and DPF systems and still be able to pass emissions tests?

Secondly, would I need a tune to silence any warning lights? If so any one have a recommendation for tuners?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Howdy all,

I have just upgraded from a 1500 gas truck to a 2500 Cummins to pull my RV and things around.

I have heard, that deleting DPF and EGR systems will give better MPG and a bit more response to throttle. I live in TX, so could I remove the EGR and DPF systems and still be able to pass emissions tests?

Secondly, would I need a tune to silence any warning lights? If so any one have a recommendation for tuners?

Thanks guys!
I bought a 2016 3500 Diesel Dually 4x4 6Sp manual brand new. I was SO disappointed with the power when towing my toy hauler that I damn near sold the truck. Did DEF and EGR Delete, turbo back 4" exhaust, EZLynk Tuner with adjustable 250 HP Tune and then ended up putting in a new dual disc clutch. I have never been more satisfied in my life! I don't hotrod, but having the power to easily stay with the flow of traffic, and pull the hills here in the Texas Hill Country is worth its weight in gold. As far as emissions testing, that depends on where in Texas you live... None here in San Antonio. Good luck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you have emissions testing required, I seriously doubt it will pass if you remove the emissions equipment. Engine lights will defiantly be going off and you will have to have a tuner or something to by pass those. If its a new truck the warranty will be voided. I would maybe try a tuner and cat back exhaust before diving into delete emissions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts