DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you confirm that the drag link Mopar part #68338342AB will fit as a replacement for the drag link in the V06 recall?
Specifically, will it fit as a replacement on my 2018 3500 Tradesman CC 4WD with the 6.4 Hemi?

If yes, do you have them in stock?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the best and most thorough documentation on the recall I've yet seen, so thanks for that.
The part is sold online by a number of vendors, so I thought I would check with you to see if you're doing that.
I'll call my local dealer to see what they have to say about it.

Just to be clear, you're confirming that the drag link part # 68338342AB is in fact a replacement plug and play fit as a replacement for the links that are subject to the V06 recall, assuming I can get my hands on one, yes?

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,034 Posts
That's the best and most thorough documentation on the recall I've yet seen, so thanks for that.
The part is sold online by a number of vendors, so I thought I would check with you to see if you're doing that.
I'll call my local dealer to see what they have to say about it.

Just to be clear, you're confirming that the drag link part # 68338342AB is in fact a replacement plug and play fit as a replacement for the links that are subject to the V06 recall, assuming I can get my hands on one, yes?

Your welcome but no, It describes CSZHV061AA being the part required to complete the recall if replacement is necessary. You may also find online sellers showing that they sell this part however it is against FCA policies to sell these types of parts retail and we are unable to do so. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, now I'm really confused.
Several people on other forums are reporting replacing their V06 recall drag link with the 68338342AB Mopar link. They're showing photos and reporting no fitment difficulties.
They're buying the part online (here's one seller, for example) and either doing the work themselves or getting the swap done at indy shops.
The part # CSZHV061AA which you reference - is that a drag link that will also require the jam nuts to be welded, or is it a modified design (like 68338342AB) which does not?

I just wanted to check with you to a) confirm fitment for #68338342AB if you can and b) give you the opportunity to sell me one if you are able.
I"m not willing to have the adjustment destroyed by welding the nuts, that's an unacceptably chickenshit "fix", and prior to hearing about the 68338342AB link I was saving my pennies for a Synergy aftermarket unit. This mopar unit is less than half the price though, so it's an attractive option if it will fit.

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,034 Posts
I can only go by what the document shows as the latest servicing part number and cannot confirm the contents of CSZHV061AA. No welding would be performed based on what I can see in the labor section when a replacement is required.

-Benny

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And yet the Mopar drag link #68338342AB is currently listed for sale on MoparOnlineParts.com (that is you guys, right?) for $117.16, which is about what it's offered for from other vendors across the internet.
This is the very part that is being reported on several other forums (I'm not allowed to give links, unfortunately) as an exact replacement fit for the V06 recall.
And yet you're saying in your post #2 in this thread that "According to the recall documentation it is a specific Recall part number which we do not sell online..."

So perhaps you can understand my confusion.

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,034 Posts
And yet the Mopar drag link #68338342AB is currently listed for sale on MoparOnlineParts.com (that is you guys, right?) for $117.16, which is about what it's offered for from other vendors across the internet.
This is the very part that is being reported on several other forums (I'm not allowed to give links, unfortunately) as an exact replacement fit for the V06 recall.
And yet you're saying in your post #2 in this thread that "According to the recall documentation it is a specific Recall part number which we do not sell online..."

So perhaps you can understand my confusion.

Correct and yes. In my previous post I am referring to part # CSZHV061AA which we cannot offer. At this time I cannot validate the contents of CSZHV061AA therefore do not want to steer you in the wrong direction. No pun intented

-Benny

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which brings me back to where I came in, which is to ask about part #68338342AB and whether it will fit my 2018 3500 Tradesman 4WD CC with the 6.4 Hemi?
When I originally asked that question (about 68338342AB) at the start of this thread, you replied "According to the recall documentation it is a specific Recall part number which we do not sell online, You would need to visit your local dealership.
But you do offer it online, here, do you not?

I don't know anything about CSZHV061AA, which you brought into the conversation and which you do not offer, and which is listed as "not available for sale" by other online vendors also. I'm not sure how we got so far out in the weeds with that .

I'm interested only in part #68338342AB, which you do offer online, and want to know if it will fit my truck.
Is that a question you can answer?

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,034 Posts
I am not sure you understand our position here. You inquired about recall V06 and I shared any and all information we have. Your saying 68338342AB is the part used in this recall, We cannot confirm that and the last thing I want to do is misinform you and sell you parts that will not work.

68338342AB is used on 2019/2020 export model 3500's when a backwards search is performed on the number. I cannot say with certainty if this will fit your truck and furthermore fit properly.

-Benny

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure you understand our position here. You inquired about recall V06 and I shared any and all information we have. Your saying 68338342AB is the part used in this recall, We cannot confirm that and the last thing I want to do is misinform you and sell you parts that will not work.
OK, I did not express myself clearly enough.
I was inquiring about part #68338342AB, which is a drag link that many other forum users are reporting has direct fitment on their trucks ... trucks that were subject to the V06 drag link recall.
I was not saying that part #68338342AB is what FCA is using in the recall fix (they're not) I was saying that it's a part that truck owners have been using, themselves and privately, to replace the recalled drag links rather than subject their trucks to the FCA "weld the nuts to the sleeve" bullshit fix.
They are also reporting some success in getting reimbursement from FCA for the cost of that part as a part of the general and clearly stated recall policy of reimbursing vehicle owners who fix recall issues at their own expense.

These folks are reporting that the link ##68338342AB is indeed a direct fit for their trucks.
My original intent was to ask you to confirm if that part would fit my truck or not.
I'm a little surprised that you're unable to extract a definitive answer from the Mopar parts data you have available, but there it is.
I'll probably have to go with a vendor willing to guarantee fitment, which some vendors appear willing to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts