DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a ferd lightning came in to work and got some new tires and alignment. We took off some NITTO NT555. 2 were bald and the other 2 have some good tread still on them. I asked if he wanted to keep the 2 good one's and he declined so i kept them for myself. Not the dilemma, they are in the bed of my truck now. Problem: They are for an 18 inch rim. Does anyone know of any other rims that will fit our trucks that may have a factory 18 inch rim? I don't believe dodge has any rims from the factory that are 18's. I'm just trying to get the times down on my truck without spending a crazy amount of money right now. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,250 Posts

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Early 80's through mid 90's F150's and Bronco's are 5 x 5.5 if you're looking for a cheap wheel. Hit the junkyard to find the "best selling pickup" wheels...should be easy to find a set.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i may just not worry with these 18's. I cant justify buying a new set of wheels w/o buying new tires and i doubt i would find an 18 in an early 90s anything. These tires dont have a terrible lot of tread but they would hook better then the goodyears

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Oh sorry I wasn't even thinking about the wheel diameter...

Maybe crown vics?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
So they are the nt555 not the nt555r's?

Some Durango and Dakota factory rims are 18's but not to sure on width.

I was at that point too. Had a nice set of 17" rims/tires but needed more traction on the street. Ended up buying the XD Addicts 17x9 front which i could run my 275/55/17 Toyos tires and then brought 18x9 XD Addicts rears for my 305/45/18 Nitto NT555r DR's. the overall diameter is very close.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kay9--Do you have any issues running those 305/45/18 Nitto NT555r DR's on a 9" rim?

·
Registered
402 Posts
like the truck buddy.....how heavy are those wheels?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It's a FORD LIGHTNING not FERD...one badass truck....LOL, but we like to be called BIG POPPY!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know haha i was beibg stupid. But thats what the customer called it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts