DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Ram 1500 R/T Reg cab with 3.92 drive shaft adapter plate rubs gas tank. I think it common among this set up. Has anyone else noticed damage to to their tank in the rear lower corner next to this plate. I found that it only tubs as the bed rolls while turning left.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMG959670.jpg

Here you can see the adapter plate between the drive shaft and rear end. Notice the wear pattern on the outer diameter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This truck has been lowered. I think that the damage to the heat shield has been done since it has been lowered. But, the damage to the tank was done from below, the damage is also below the center of the drive shaft. That leads me to believe that that damage was done previous to lowering. Has anyone else crawled under to see if they have damage on a non-lowered R/T?

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Sport R/T
51 Posts
I checked under my 2015 R/T (not lowered) and do not see any wear pattern or any damage related to the adapter plate. I have a gash into my gas tank but it was put there when my driveshaft came out at 118 MPH. Found out afterwards that this is a common problem with the R/T's and aluminum two -piece drive shaft.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My RCSB Express with 3:92 rear did the same thing after I lowered it 2/3. Also only when turning left. I trimmed the corner of the shield off and it hasn't rubbed since. It's easier to get to on ramps or a lift. I used a pair of tin snips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts