DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas what my issue may be. My driver door controls for windows/mirrors/locks at one point would not operate the door locks at all. I bought a replacement, problem was worse (could only operate rear windows), put the original back in, and now it will only operate the rear windows.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The drivers window switch for front windows, mirrors and power locks communicate to the vehicle via the door module. This is a digital buss command. The reason the rear windows work is they are wired directly. Look for corroded or loose connections at the door module. If you have access to a code reader, that can read module level faults, there may be something there. The other option is to try replacing the door module.

·
Premium Member
32,787 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone have any ideas what my issue may be. My driver door controls for windows/mirrors/locks at one point would not operate the door locks at all. I bought a replacement, problem was worse (could only operate rear windows), put the original back in, and now it will only operate the rear windows.
Glad I'm not the only one. The past ten months have been a roller coaster of issues with my master window switch. In January, the switch failed when my windows were down (no problem, just wore three Carhartts every time I drove). I replaced with an aftermarket, which failed in June, also with windows down. Clearly there's a lesson here I'm not learning.

Now, whether or not the switch will work varies by the day. Some days, it's fine. Other days, I have to pull the switch out of the door and squeeze the wiring harness to get the windows to move.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
drivers door controls dont work.
can lock and unlock using passenger control but window control doesnt work either
rear drivers window wont work
rear passenger does

1 - 6 of 6 Posts