DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 2013 4.7 1500 is putting out barely lukewarm heat on the drivers side, passengers is hot. The truck has a single zone system.

Ive changed the thermostat and bleed the system thinking that might have been the problem. Flushed the heater core (with just water, no chemical). Thats when I realized it was just the drivers side that was the issue.

Tried reflushing the core with letting CLR sit in the heater core ~ 20mins as I seen where the single zone systems can have issues where the lower core that heats the driver side can have some issues.

Also Ive seen conflicting info as to whether the single zone systems have the additional right temperature actuator on the rear of the heatbox that controls the blend door. Ive checked the actuators on the front of the heatbox and all seem to be in working order. From the diagrams I've found on the forum the Left Temp Actuator (Drivers?) works fine. Doors on the passenger side also seem to be working just fine when manually moved. But I cant confirm whether there is an additional actuator on the rear of the box that might actually be the one that controls the driver's side blend door or not. Can anyone confirm this in the single zone systems.

If its the actuator anyone have any suggestions short of pulling the entire dash to replace it. Is there a way to confirm its bad before tearing everything out.

Any other suggestions to try

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same exact issue right now. Not sure what the hell it is. I’ve heard that the actuator and blend door that controls this is the hardest one to get to also. I’m hoping there is a wag to find out it’s bad before I rip it apart too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The single zone does not have the actuator at the rear of the box, that's for ATC only. Now I'm not sure if this works on the 2013+, but it fixed the same issue I has on my 2010. You can try to do a manual recalibration, the good part it costs nothing to try.

HVAC Manual Recalibration below

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.

-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea my 2013 doesn’t do a recal or flash when trying this procedure. Must not have that function unfortunately

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you know what blend door controls the temp to drivers side if there isn’t one in the back of the hvac box

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wondering how you made out with this. I have the same issue with my '13. I replaced the water pump and thermostat a few months back and haven't had heat on the driver side since. I bled the system multiple times, and I don't have dual zone heat. I have good heat on the passenger side but barely luke warm on the driver side. There was absolutely no issue with it before I did the water pump, so I kind of doubt it would be a plugged heater core, though anything is possible. I think there may still be some air trapped but I haven't been able to get it out no matter what I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts