DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side turn signal is out. No notification at dash. Went to dealer as I have a lifetime max warranty on my 2019 ram longhorn. Told me it wasn’t covered. Said it would cost 1500 to replace because it is a light bulb. Well an led is an electrical light emitting diode. This is s sealed unit and should be covered. The dealer says he doesn’t have a code to fix under warranty. I called mopar warranty and they agreed with me that it should be covered and are looking into it.
Has anyone had luck getting one fixed under warranty?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Well may take some looking in your warranty paperwork. If it looks to you your correct tell the dealer you want to escalate and talk to who is next in line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the warranty company yesterday. They are supposed to contact the dealer with a code to use as they said the warranty codes need to be updated since so many vehicles use sealed led light units but no answer yet. Was just curious if anyone else had this issue and got it resolved.
I will post what I find out.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yea the LED stuff is new since I was in the field. Projection HID was the hot thing then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My driver side turn signal is out. No notification at dash. Went to dealer as I have a lifetime max warranty on my 2019 ram longhorn. Told me it wasn’t covered. Said it would cost 1500 to replace because it is a light bulb. Well an led is an electrical light emitting diode. This is s sealed unit and should be covered. The dealer says he doesn’t have a code to fix under warranty. I called mopar warranty and they agreed with me that it should be covered and are looking into it.
Has anyone had luck getting one fixed under warranty?
I had the same problem while the argument continued I continue to research several other issues that I was having all electrical issues seems to me that Dodge has a problem with their plug-ins ranging from dark pressure sensors two airbag sensors the headlight plug-ins all issues within a two month span come to find out bad plug-ins that I was reading in another form of other people having problems and how that was corrected A fix to every problem with simply unplugging and plugging the unit back up adding a little white grease at times fix every problem instantly except for the headline I finally end up bypassing the plug-in on the ground side I’m running a jumper wires around the plug-in no problem cents Hope this helps have a great day Rico suave a

1 - 6 of 6 Posts