DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I NEED TO UPDATE MY EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so i've had my Ram for a few months now and love it. One of the only issues i have is with the drop in bedliner the previous owner put on. Its perfect if i need a load of mulch, etc but not so good for smaller things. What are you guys doing to secure cargo back there. Its so slick things want to slide all over the place. I'm planningt o pull it out one day and get a pray in liner but for now would like to find a good way to get things secured. any suggestions? There are two slots on each side that look like they could hold a 2x4 but that would only help with stuff that just the right size. thanks,

·
Registered
471 Posts
if you could get some sort of rubber mat to lay on the plastic cover that would help. i had a tacoma and it had that plastic type bed in it and you couldnt keep anything in there without it flyin all around. alot of people on the toyota site just used rubber mats.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had the drop in liner on my 97 and came to hate it. There should be slots as you mentioned for 2x4's I took those and added a pc of 1x12 pine board and attached it to the 2x4 making a true divider and it worked great. You could put it in and out as you needed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
10 years ago when I was slinging car parts retail, we sold a bed liner that had a clear rubberized stuff (looked a lot like clear RTV) strewn all over the floor....kinda like a kid with a squirt gun had a party! But I tell you, it worked...I had one on my '99 Ram and it actually helped keep stuff from sliding all around.

Dunno, if you are going to eventually take it out, try something like that.

·
I NEED TO UPDATE MY EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, i'll look into some rubber mats and also maybe try to build some kind of devider to keep things in place for now. eventually i'll just rip that thing out and get a spray in liner with a bunch of tiedowns in the bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts