DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOOD AFTERNOON BENY,
I own a 2015 power wagon and looking to put a second alternator on it. I see that you can get a dual set up on the tradesman with the same engine and was wondering if it is possible to do it in the power wagon too. If so what would I need and the part numbers. Or if installing a dual battery set up would be best in your opinion. Just a little about the truck, I have light bars and exterior lights wired up plus looking at wiring up a plug and play jumper cables in the front and rear, so I don't have to open the hood or position the truck to jump a vehicle. Thanks

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,027 Posts
Hi,
I am no electrical expert but the difference between the 2 solutions is that the additional battery can lighten the draw on the alternator but provides more reserve power. If you are pulling more AMP's than the alternator can provide then the dual batteries wont help as they will get depleted. The dual or higher output alternator solution provides the on demand amperage and will extend battery life.

In regards to adding the second alternator there is no kit, I would need to lookup your VIN and compare it to a dual alt. VIN and check wiring, mounting, belts and pulleys. I cannot be sure if the TIPM or PCM needs to be flashed for this additional alternator as something needs to control and regulate it or if it simply feeds off the main alternator signal.

If your leaning more towards the dual alt. solution PM me your VIN and I will start to research it.

-Benny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts