DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was interested in converting to the dual climate. Is it possible? if so does anyone know what parts are need for the conversion and what the part numbers may be? My truck is 2010 1500 SLT.

·
Premium Member
32,662 Posts
I had dual zone cc in my 2009 Ram SLT
it had the full floor console

This video may help you, pay attention at about 2 minute 40 second part of it to see if you have the rod & Cam system
the video explains a lot about the whole CC system
I just realized that this is for a GEN 3 mega cab ram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Ri_XFdREk

to get to the part he talks about, you need to take the piece that fits around the radio off

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
If you want to have a true dual zone system you will have to replace the whole HVAC system box in your truck with associated wires and boards.

I have seen DIY threads on updating single zone system to automatic temperature control system but this has been on MY 2013 and above. I would think it would be possible on the pre 2013 models also with a new control unit and some sensors and harnesses.

Try a search on the web or Youtube to see if anything comes up for the auto temp control.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I had dual zone cc in my 2009 Ram SLT
it had the full floor console

This video may help you, pay attention at about 2 minute 40 second part of it
the video explains a lot about the whole CC system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Ri_XFdREk

to get to the part he talks about, you need to take the piece that fits around the radio off
To my recollection dual zone was only available on Sport and Laramie models and I believe yours was a Sport model. It wasn't even available on Big Horn models until after 2013.

A dual zone unit has two temperature control doors that operate independent of each other. Single zone units have a single temperature control door

See center of picture below.

·
Premium Member
32,662 Posts
Back in 2009, the SLT was the next step up from the Bighorn model & it came with the Sport bumper

the floor duct went under the full floor console & at the back of the console, it split off to the right & left sides between the bucket seats & floor console

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
This was the 2009 line up, ST (base trim), SLT (standard luxury trim, upgrade trims from this were Big Horn and Lone Star), TRX/TRX4, Sport, Laramie.

Dual zone HVAC was not available in SLT, Big Horn or Lone Star only in the Sport and Laramie packages. Check near the bottom for the features listing.

http://www.kcdodge.net/documents/Ram-1500.pdf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like a good size project but fun. The only thing I need to check is if it is possible to flash and add to my build sheet. Had had fogs and backup camera flashed after install but was denied the flash for the inverter because my TIPM did not have the capability to do it

·
Registered
350 Posts
Besides needing to replace the HVAC assembly and controls, you'll also need to install the in-cabin infrared sensor and related wiring, (it's in the overhead console). Dealer probably won't be able to flash unless your dealer doesn't mind working with FCA and trying to get the option added to your VIN, which isn't as easy as it sounds. You might be able to add it with the AlfaOBD app yourself though

·
Registered
14 Posts
I realize this is old, but it can be done on a 3rd gen, so it should be possible for other generations by the way wiring works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts