DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided it was time to upgrade and ended up going with a 1500 Crew Cab Outdoorsman - it had the most options I wanted (and was the color I wanted) without having more than I needed. The only thing it doesn't have that I really wanted was the dual exhaust tips/bumper (and "park sense" back up sensors) - for pretty much nothing other than personal preference - I like the way the dual exhaust looks. I've read that you can't order an Outdoorsman with dual exhaust - I'm wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to switch out the stock bumper for one that accommodates dual exhaust (and whether you could just add the dual exhaust tips to the current exhaust system, or whether you'd need a whole new system) and where to get one... Also, if you can switch out the bumper, and you can find one with back up sensors, is it hard to install/wire? Or is there just a plug or pigtail somewhere that needs to be connected? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I dont see why you wouldnt be able to switch out the bumpers. Sensors I have no clue on. Exhaust you could have a shop just fab out a y-pipe to duals out the back rather than spending a ton on full system. Our bumpers actually come ready for the dual setup with the cutouts.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Should be a easy conversion. I think the reason why they don't offer it is because the Outdoorsman is suppose to be for off roading and the dual exhaust cuts down on a bit of the clearance(sits lower/depature angle) than the normal exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
its possible, i made the switch on my reg cab SLT.
all that is needed is the bumper with exhaust cutouts and an exhaust. its a very easy swap and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to replace the bumper (best to have a friend with you as you can easily loose balance of the bumper and scratch up the body).
Before:

After:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its possible, i made the switch on my reg cab SLT.
all that is needed is the bumper with exhaust cutouts and an exhaust. its a very easy swap and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to replace the bumper (best to have a friend with you as you can easily loose balance of the bumper and scratch up the body).

Thanks so much for the reply / photos. That's exactly what I would like to do. Can I ask where you got the replacement bumper / additional exhaust pipes? And how much you spent? Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts